TU-22 BLINDER 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vulturvulturis

Recruit
Sep 8, 2012
Hello everyone.
Does someone know where find (reliable) drawings of the Tu-22 Blinder in 1/72 scale? Thanks for each answer.

There was a set of plans in a modelling magazine a few years back, along with the article covering the build. I've checked through all my back issues of various mags, but no luck. I'm sorry I can't remember which magazine title it was either !

Yeah, there was a later, more "conventional" looking version that was a complete re-design. Read somewhere that Tupelov snuck it into the buget when they cancelled the T-4 Sotka as a cheaper, (slightly) upgraded Tu 22, but as i said it was a complete re-design. (All pictures from WIKI)

Before

800px-TU-22_Blinder.jpg

After

800px-Russian_Air_Force_Tupolev_Tu-22M3_Beltyukov.jpg

Last edited:
Tupolev used 'Tu-22' for political reasons, as the Soviet Air Force had asked for any new developments, regarding bombers, this was a 'cover up' and in the house project, which is why Tu-22 can be confusing, Tu-22 C is the Blinder and the Tu-22 M is the Backfire....

It'll be a blinder if we can find pics, although it's bound to backfire on us ..... it's ok, I've already got me coat !

First, thanks guys.

What variant of the Tupolev's plane are you looking for?

I have an old model ESCI 1/72 of the Blinder: I think a Blinder B.

(I'd like try to do it in 1/48 but this is only in my dreams).

Last edited:
So... it's the Tu-22 Blinder reboxed by Italeri. If you able to print them or resize to the correct scale you may find them via the net. A PM sent...

Seen the Esci re-popped by both Italeri and Revell....
1/48? Can only think of short run kits, if your lucky....

Just seen the Italeri 1/72nd scale kit in my LHS. Just going off the size of the box, it's big in this scale - must be some size in 1/48th !
There was a multi-media kit, mainly resin I think, in 1/48th scale not that long ago. Can't remember who made it, maybe Anigrand, but I do remember that, along with the same company's 'Bear', it was fairly expensive ... no, it was very expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back