Turkey Traps

BlackWolf3945

Banned
199
2
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Location
Pominville, NY Population: 26
Someone on another forum asked for photos of F-14s landing. I whipped up a web page and thought I'd share it here...

Turkey Traps

Not all of them are carrier traps; some are runway recoveries and some are just dirty passes...

Enjoy!


Fade to Black...
 
wow there's some amazing pictures in there, and i've never heard it described as a turky trap before, man i'd hate to have to do that.........
 
For those not knowing the significance of the term 'Turkey Trap'... the F-14 was called 'The Turkey' by some and a 'trap' is a carrier landing. I dunno if the term has ever been used in NAVAIR circles or not; I just kinda thought it would be an appropriate title...

Forgot to credit these... many were found on various sites but most of them are USN images. Two were taken by an acquaintence of mine and one is from my print stash.


Fade to Black...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back