Twin Engined A6M??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
Not sure what to think of this...

I came across these online while looking for something entirely different. I can't say that I have ever heard of a twin engined A6M, although I have seen photos of rare oddities like a twin engined P-40. I suspect it might one of those "Luft '46 what-ifs"! :lol:

The images appear to be some sort of instruction sheet and box art. And You know, it's really not a bad looking aircraft!

(We may need Shinpachi's help with this one, though!)

XZeroTwin1[720].jpg

XZeroTwin2[720].jpg

XZeroTwin3[720].jpg

XZeroTwin4[720].jpg

43Shizuoka5.jpg

I saw somewhere this, and ddint forgot wher I saw a plastic kit ...

It is quite interesting concept, I'm curious how such Zero would perform.

DOES sort of resemble a Beau, doesn't it? Then again, almost any conventional, radial-powered twin could be said to be similar.

Wish we had a flying Beaufighter around to see. We have a Mosquito back in the air ... maybe a Beau is in our future.

It looks like on the illustrations that it notes a increase in fuselage length from the A6M, but I can't read Japanese. It sure doesn't look like much.

If it has the A6M wings from the engines out, I guess the wing roots hold additional tanks beyond what a A6M would hold.

If it used the same unprotected tanks as the A6M, it looks like a scenario for one heck of a fire when those tanks get hit.

C'mon Tom, those tanks are protected with 5 mm thick, kiln-dried bamboo that is lacquered with 5 coats of magic paint, waxed with duck grease, and hand buffed to a high gloss finish.

What more can you ask for? If it weren't for all the damned bullets we'd still have some of these puppies around and flying.

In all seriousness, the structure in our A6M-5 Model 52 is well made. I'd assume that, with two engines, there was likely enough excess poower to handle self-sealing tanks. Maybe it would depend on the timing. When the Zero's designer GOT the extra power, he added all that nice to have armor and self-sealing tanks in the J2M Raiden, and if the power was there, he probabloy added here, too. Don't know WHEN this thing was supposed to have been in the works.

Rabaul Reppu (A7M Sam) Air Combat Memoirs

"Rabaul Reppu Air Combat Memoirs" is fictional military history written by Chiaki Kawamata. The Pacific War which went differently from what we know is told in the form of memoirs of a former ace. The book commonly known as "Raba Ku".

Chiaki Kawamata (December 4, 1948 -) is a novelist, SF writer and critic in Japan.

XZeroTwin1[720].jpg
XZeroTwin3[720].jpg
XZeroTwin4[720].jpg

Last edited:
Advertising styles and cultures are different in countries, this highlight that - create a comic to sell models, stories and so thy sell each other, kudos for the well done in the past concept - sort of reminds me of Games Workshops methods in similar ways of cross supported selling from a created universe.... *head tilts in thought to one side, ponderously, as the eyes minutely flit about tracing the avenues of thoughtful contemplation* ahem.

Gotta' love the charactertures from Nihhon, emotion, thought and general understanding can be easily seen understood without most language when drawn well - human implied understanding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back