U.S. Senate votes to stop production of F-22 jet.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

About 141...

Not to go on a political tangent here but the production of a weapons system like the F-22 induces thousands of high paying jobs from the prime contractor, to subcontractors, to small mom and pop shops, let alone to business benefiting by those working on the F-22. Some say the money could be better spent on social programs but when you look at the employment base of F-22 workers and the affect they have on a community, I think its a close call...

All this fuss is still over 6 additional aircraft.

Thanks, 141 Raptors is not such a bad number after all.

Bingo! I think the only salvation the F-22 program will have is the chance of foreign sales, and yes, do not destroy the tooling.

Hmmm, honestly I can imagine the US senate giving permition to sell f-22s other than the Uk and I dont see the UK interested on it.

I say we get rid of all this fancy technology and bring back WW2 Warbirds. How great would that be to see warbirds hunting the skys again. No missles, limited radar. Just pilot, plane, and guns.
for about half an hour...

on the other hand I still think the Mustang is the perfect COIN aircraft for hunting and strafing terrorists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back