Undocumented Japanese Flight Set

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Falcon

Recruit
Nov 22, 2009
This was just published in the latest issue of Banzai magazine, and I thought I would share it.
Here are a few pictures of an undocumented Japanese winter flight suit set, a jacket and a pair of trousers. Both are dated 1944. So far as we know these have not been documented any where. Both pieces are fur lined and quite durable. They resemble the IJA summer flight suit set, with these noteable differences, first of the flight jacket;
1. fur lined
2. no belt
3. no zippers at sleeve cuffs
4. electric hook up for the heated head gear and goggles
The trousers provide the same flexibilites as the summer set with the differences of;
1. fur lined
2. fur lined pockets
3. no belt or ties attached
4. belt loops for a removeable belt
5. no zipper at pant cuff, only buttons and loops to taper the legs to fit into the flight boots

As always I welcome your comments and view points. This thread merely to alert the collecting public that there are undocumented items out there, and to be on the look out for them.
Please tell me where and if these items are shown any where else, my self and a few others, believe that this set is not listed anywhere else.
Enjoy the pictures
Cheers, Falcon

Attachments

• Jfront.JPG
    Jfront.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Jback.JPG
    Jback.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Jtag.JPG
    Jtag.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 151