unknown aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

trevor999

Recruit
Aug 1, 2007
Greetings all

I hope someone can help me. Can anyone identify this aircraft. It looks like a Mosquito but I don't think it is. I haven't had any luck tracing the registration number either. I have another photo of the same type, on the ground, reg # PX210.

Attachments

• unknown aircraft2.jpg
    unknown aircraft2.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 267
PX210 was a DeHaviland Hornet F. MK I. I think this photo is of PX225, another F. MK I.

I agree with you guys, it is De Havilland 103 Hornet.

There is a pic of another one no.PX275.
source unknown.

Attachments

• DH_Hornet_Mk_1_PX275_.jpg
    DH_Hornet_Mk_1_PX275_.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 225
Well, delete the Merlins, put in a Centaurus, make it look more like a Tempest and change the manufacturer's plate. Voilá, there's your Sea Fury. :lol:

By the way: I would prefer the Hornet over the Sea Fury in almost every scenario. It's faster, has better climb and much longer legs, armament nicely centered, excellent view (no long engine cowling in front of the cockpit), twin engine safety. And the looks... Almost as elegant as an early Spitfire. I like this plane...

Nice plane, nice shots... irritating when you can't put a name to a plane. We get some weird looking machine over our house a lot like these twin engine beasties... high t-tail, upturned wingtips, two engines, slim and plastic-looking.... so modern I suspect from the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back