Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109F-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: southerndoug
First name: Doug
Category: Intermediate
Manufacturer: ICM
Model: Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4 #48805
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: Nil

Here we go:

Bf109F-4_ICM-1.jpg

I actually bought this for the figures, thinking I might like to use them in a diorama of some sort. I've got a few Bf109's in my smallish stash (compared to some of the stash photos I've seen amongst you lot!), but thought I'd have a crack at this one. I have something "different" in mind... well, different for me anyway. I'll keep my powder dry on revealing what I've got planned , 'cos it could all go horribly wrong, and I may give up in disgust.
I've seen some nice builds of this kit online, but most complain of the kit's rough finish and the chunky looking plastic. There's lots of flash, and no locating pins or guides for anything. There's a pretty good looking engine, but mine will be covered up. I'm keen on showing the clean lines of the F-4, and I like the thought of what will become a yellow cowling.
I'm leaning towards finishing as Hermann Graf's yellow 1, JG52:

Yellow 1

Last edited:
Here we go:

View attachment 754476

I actually bought this for the figures, thinking I might like to use them in a diorama of some sort. I've got a few Bf109's in my smallish stash (compared to some of the stash photos I've seen amongst you lot!), but thought I'd have a crack at this one. I have something "different" in mind... well, different for me anyway. I'll keep my powder dry on revealing what I've got planned , 'cos it could all go horribly wrong, and I may give up in disgust.
I've seen some nice builds of this kit online, but most complain of the kit's rough finish and the chunky looking plastic. There's lots of flash, and no locating pins or guides for anything. There's a pretty good looking engine, but mine will be covered up. I'm keen on showing the clean lines of the F-4, and I like the thought of what will become a yellow cowling.
I'm leaning towards finishing as Hermann Graf's yellow 1, JG52:

Yellow 1
Welcome to the GB. I will ask that you do an insert at the top of the first post to include the 'normal' build information. Cut-N-Past and fill in the blanks.

Username:
First name:
Category:
Manufacturer:
Model:
Scale:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back