US fighter production. Feasibility to scale up? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Probably going to get yellow carded for that last post, but the level of regulatory BS is getting out of hand. Our company was recently asked by a customer to verify that we were not engaging in slave labor, and ensuring that our suppliers weren't either.

No, just not worth wasting my time responding with anything but a sigh.

I'm pretty sure the politics experiment is not going to survive though…

We've been pretty good so far. Times are weird and we may have skidded close to the guard rail but all in all, I haven't seen the the bile evident elsewhere. There are few places for civil discourse.

I think they still have Phantoms at the boneyard.

So there's an option.

I believe several countries have rules or laws that require a declaration that nothing in a product is made by slave labor. Especially if its a government contract.

Exactly. A lot of ridiculous regulatory micro-management. Drives up costs due to the extra effort expended in documenting compliance, for no real benefit.

I think they still have Phantoms at the boneyard.

So there's an option.
Very few...

Many of them have been scrapped or used for drone operations. Even though I love the F-4, it would take months if not years to spool up the aircraft, train flight and maintenance crews and modify the aircraft so they can be a viable weapons system.

I get it that the F-4 has a large fan base, I happen to be one, too.

But time has marched on and the Phantom's abilities have been eclipsed by next generation types.

Bringing the F-4 back into action would be like dusting off Richard Petty's '69 Dodge Charger and having it try to compete against today's NASCAR hardware.

LMCO will increase production to 156 aircraft a year starting in 2023. This has nothing to do with the current Ukraine crisis. According to their press releases we should see between 151 - 153 units delivered this year.

So near planned production levels now.

I didn't think it had anything to do with Ukraine, just that it was following the planned program.

As a Canadian, I agree. We have a government that is shy about military spending, which slows things quite a bit. Personally, I'd like to see us buy new F-15s, but there's a serious issue with that, as Boeing has damaged the Canadian indigenous aircraft industry, so buying from them is a REALLY tough call. That pretty much leaves the F-35 or some lesser European airplane. Tough decision for us up here. Honestly, I don't know what the best path is...

As a Canadian, I agree. We have a government that is shy about military spending, which slows things quite a bit. Personally, I'd like to see us buy new F-15s, but there's a serious issue with that, as Boeing has damaged the Canadian indigenous aircraft industry, so buying from them is a REALLY tough call. That pretty much leaves the F-35 or some lesser European airplane. Tough decision for us up here. Honestly, I don't know what the best path is...

How did we destroy the indigenous aircraft industry?

Probably going to get yellow carded for that last post, but the level of regulatory BS is getting out of hand. Our company was recently asked by a customer to verify that we were not engaging in slave labor, and ensuring that our suppliers weren't either.
Modern Anti-Slavery Laws are something that have been rolled out across most of the key players in the Western industry. Should be a nothing thing to respond to.

So near planned production levels now.

I didn't think it had anything to do with Ukraine, just that it was following the planned program.
Yep, normal planning. In fact, I have production predictions from years ago showing just that for the F-35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back