US Fighters shooting down Soviet fighters - Berlin 1945 ???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
That is very true, imagine if the Soviets had collapsed and then Hitler could have put his whole might on the West in early 1943.

If that would of happened, which it should of if Germany armies were run by their Generals, it would of very interesting indeed. Mmmmmm

Yep, Hitler lost the war with his delayed attack on Stalin, and allied convoys seem to have been very important.

Exactly, the German commanders were never in charge eneogh. Hitler tied there hands behind there backs just eneogh with his demented ways and illusions of total victory.

There is also the infamous story of Russian ace Ivan Kozhedub also was forced to shoot down two US P-51 Mustangs that mistakenly attacked his La-7

About the incident over the Ruskie convoy, from what I understand the USAAF P-38 pilots man handled the Red AF pilots with some ease. Training or better planes? I used to know what planes the Russians flew, I think they were Yaks.

:{)

CurzonDax said:
About the incident over the Ruskie convoy, from what I understand the USAAF P-38 pilots man handled the Red AF pilots with some ease. Training or better planes? I used to know what planes the Russians flew, I think they were Yaks.

Look on P1

CurzonDax said:

Better aircraft and better training in my opinion. The Russian Airforce was strapped for experienced pilots after years of getting manhandled by Erich Hartmann! :D

Better aircraft and better training in my opinion. The Russian Airforce was strapped for experienced pilots after years of getting manhandled by Erich Hartmann! :D[/quote]

Now there is a movie I'll go see!!!!

Medvedya said:
A bit of advice - scenes from historical films can not be passed off as historical fact! Even if they do have Rachel Weise in then.

LOL :lol: I Like the way you put that.

You mean that Capra and Ford were stretching the truth? I am crushed!
:(

Its not a movie, but fact. The Luftwaffe manhandled the Soviet Airforces for most of the war.

What I mean is that I would go see a Hartmann bio-pic. All those missions, the gulag, and so on and so forth! I would go see it. Who would play him though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back