US Navy's Newest Fighter (1945)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The F7F that was in Duxford, England has been sold to an American by the name of Joe Clark. Joe is the designer of the winglets for the Boeings and others. Joe keeps the F7F in Van Nuys and it is flown by Clay Lacy.

The F7F that was in Duxford, England has been sold to an American by the name of Joe Clark. Joe is the designer of the winglets for the Boeings and others. Joe keeps the F7F in Van Nuys and it is flown by Clay Lacy.

Thanks for the correction on that one, Dick. I assumed that it was Clay's as I always see him flying it. It's a beauty, that's for sure.

veeery fascinating! I've got a National Geographic book dating all the way back to 1945 it's got an ad for the F4U-1 Corsair. tis quite fascinating.

I saw a Tigercat fly at Duxford a couple of years ago - an amazing machine, certainly would have made a great name for itself if it had made it into action.

I have heared from two naval aviator/one jarhead ace that flew F6F and F4U in WWII that said this was the best fighter they ever flew - just don't spin it.

I 'd like to see what a couple Tigercats would have done to a Mavis or Flight of Betty bombers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back