US subs in the arctic (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not disputing helping out my countrymen in times of distress like the east coast did with western canada during the 1930's the fact being who do we "deprive" to do what is correct like upgrading the CAF no politcian is willing to risk losing his ride on the gravy train to do what is correct in our minds. The last true leaders we had in canada were Mulroney and although he was bad for the CAF Trudeau but we are like every other person in this world we cannot stand the truth nor are we willing to pay for it . Are you aware in 1867 Nova Scotia and New Brunswick almost did not join in confederation because at thet time they were the haves and we out west of you were the havenots

pbfoot said:
Are you aware in 1867 Nova Scotia and New Brunswick almost did not join in confederation because at thet time they were the haves and we out west of you were the havenots
Oh, I'm most certainly aware of that. ;)
Believe you me, practically everybody in Nova Scotia is aware of that! :lol:

But those were different times, with an entirely different economy and resource base. Plus hardly any of the western territory had really been opened up yet.
Fat lot of good it all does us these days. Ah well. :rolleyes:

One of the last true leaders we had in canada was Mulroney and Trudeau.

I do agree with you on Brian, The media went all out to demonize him, in the end it paid off for the Liberals, however in my opinion Trudeau sabatoged any chance of of Mulroney making true progress for Canada, When Trudeau first entered office after Pearson there was a
50 Million Dollar Surplus in the National Budget, but when Trudeau Retired from office he left Mulroneys new leadership and Canada for that matter with a 4 billion dollar deficit and hundreds of Billions in Debt which still has yet to be paid off. Canada itself is not in anyway poor but not rich either, were just getting by, but we could easily be out of that deficit if whats his baldness from U2 wouldnt corrupt our government by guilt tripping Pauly into shelling out more and more money for this UN bullshit, certain social programs could be cut, former Primeministers dont need million dollar pension funds.
We easily could be in a surplus.

Actually thats a very realistic promise, remember NS, we cant completely rebuild the military in one sitting, like you said too much damage has been caused.

It's entirely realistic, I agree, but these are politicians after all. I'd like to think that it would simply be the beginning of a much needed expansion of the Navy, but I seriously doubt that. If we actually see it I'll be pleasantly surprised, don't get me wrong, but you know how it is here.

I don't know if you'd remember or not, but in the mid to late eighties under Mulroney we were supposed to be getting a dozen nuclear attack subs, and a base was to be established somewhere in Hudson Bay. Can you imagine now? Canada with nuclear attack subs. In a pig's eye. :rolleyes:

(God I'm using the ol' rolly eyed smilie a lot again.)

102first_hussars said:
I beleive it, god forbid everyone should chip in fifty cents for a highway that wont kill soo many people.

I have finally found something to Envy of North Dakota.

A PLACE THAT IS RENOWNED, REVERED, AND IS THE ENVY OF THE WORLD FOR ITS TECHNOLOGICALY SUPERIOR HIGHWAY SYSTEMS

IITTSS! NOOORRRTH DAKOTAAAAA!!!

Over here in Germany we do not have toll booths and the Autobahns are kept up very nicely. I have not driven over a rough spot ever. Areas that get bad, get fixed promtly. If a government spends its money wisely it does not need to do extra taxes.

Hey Guys,

I was just reading through the forum a bit (I accidentally stumbled across it while looking for answers to some of my review questions for my exam on Friday) and it is pretty evident that you like to discuss and debate history topics. I'm having trouble finding a few answers so, if your interested, you can help me out with them, it'd be greatly appreciated. The questions are as follow:
1)Discuss the changing attitudes of the Loyalists/refugees in Atlantic Canada regarding the United States in the period 1783-1800
2)Discuss the causes of poverty in Atlantic Canada in the 19th century and society's response
3)How did tenants attempt to deal with the "land question" in P.E.I in the period of 1920-1867
4) Why did the Beothuk of NFLD dissapear
5)What were the most important factors that prompted Nova Scotia and New Brunswick to join the confederation in 1867

Any information on these topics would assist me greatly and would be appreciated! Thanks

Saw this on Drudge report this morning.

U.S. sub may have toured Canadian Arctic zone

Since this is the cold country, is this considered another "cold war" incident?

:lol:

I think President Reagan caused abit of a 'cold freeze' with our frinds to the north when he sent icebreakers through the Northwest Passage in the 80's...enforcing Freedom of the Sea's act or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back