v2's 3xP's (Poland/Planes/People)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, beauty !
The recently restored Sidney Cotton " spy plane", used just pre-WW 2 to photograph German cities, industry etc etc, with at least one flight with high-ranking German officials onboard, totally oblivious to what was happening!
I'd hoped to see it last week at Sywell, when I was there, but, it was in the hangar, or at least, not arOund to view.
BTW, the girl isn't too bad either - another twin-engined bird !

If we're gonna have twin engined aircraft, we should get Twins! Can't wait for a B-17

A question for those among us with airframe & restoration experience. I see skin buckles/wrinkles (the Mig) on both sides near the rear cockpit, at the station level with rear glass edge. Why?

A question for those among us with airframe & restoration experience. I see skin buckles/wrinkles (the Mig) on both sides near the rear cockpit, at the station level with rear glass edge. Why?
Ed, that is actually the best fit and finish I have ever seen on a Mig 15! Usually the gaps are huge, and the skin is oil canned almost every where.

But I think it is just a normal, if you look at the picture taken from the rear of the A/C, that seems to be a transition area of the compound curves. I suspect that is the best that area is going to look. Also the lighting and surface finish seem to highlight it to my eyes. But I see what you are saying. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread