Vallejo "Air War" Paint Sets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vengeance

Airman
Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hi guys, sorry about the formatting of the thread but I wanted to include a picture of the product.
I'm about to start my next build a BoB era Spitfire, thats right the 1/48 Tamiya MK1. I spotted these Vallejo Air paint sets on the net and purchased one to see how it goes, apparently all the paints have been painstakingly researched to ensure accuracy etc, etc. I've been looking for reviews, comments anything about these paint sets and cannot find any sort of evaluation? Has anyone here used these sets? Got any comments, advice, reviews?
Perhaps if I can get my %@*% together I can use this build to review the product myself, I may include it as a WIP start to finish with photos etc. I'll see how I go!!

upload_2016-7-27_9-42-0.jpeg

I have very limited experience with Vallejo Air, but I am happy with it. I was warned by the seller that the paint was pretty old, so I didn't use it straight from the squeeze container. Instead I mixed it with Vallejo thinner, eye-balling the ratio, and shot with a single action airbrush. My only complaint is that I couldn't spray very large amounts before it would clog. Again, I don't know if this was because of the age of the paint or not, but it did not improve with more thinner. Also like the less toxic nature of the paint itself. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Capt Vick, your answer appears to be about Vallejo Model Air in general which is handy information however I was looking specifically for a review or information about the new paint sets Vallejo released earlier this year. There are about 14 or so new "Air War" sets dealing with different Nations at different times during the war (WW2). I haven't been able to track down any comments about the new colours that come in these new sets. The "Battle of Britain Set" has a revised and "painstakingly" researched RAF Interior Green and they also have a new Sky/duck egg/ underside of a Spitfire colour that is historically accurate. These two colours in particular are routinely argued about for their accuracy in modelling circles the world over.
I just wanted some consumer opinion on just how accurate these new revised colours are and whether the sets are worth their salt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back