Vallejo Model Colors (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but whether Tamiya or Vallejo acrylics, I always pour the paint through a paper and mesh cone filter into the airbrush cup.. A local auto-paint store will give me a stack of 50 or so filters when I show up seeking to buy some. I cut off most of the paper part. Between paint loads, I just set the mesh tip of the filter in some water.

I have been having problems with a bottle of Vallejo Insignia White which has some little lumps in it. I need to get a filter mesh.

I have been having problems with a bottle of Vallejo Insignia White which has some little lumps in it. I need to get a filter mesh.
The occasional lump problem showed up last year. Took lots of cleaning (and swearing) to clean out my airbrush tip. Probably would hurt to filter brush-on paint, too.

If you don't have a friendly local paint store, Amazon sells the filter cones, as I'm sure many LHS, as well.

That's the type. I honestly can't say whether mine are the "100 mesh" as shown in that ad, but that is the type I use. I cut off the top down to where the mesh begins, give it a fold, and it will sit in my airbrush cup.
Picture shows cone before bdefen mods, and after.
Filter cone, before and after.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back