Very Last Bi planes.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seawitch

Airman 1st Class
Dec 17, 2006
London
www.seawitchartist.com
Hi all
The lovely Hawker Hind Bi plane, a light bomber from a family of aircraft the RAF nearly faced Germany with served properly with the Royal Afghan Air Force until as late as 1956.
I'm sure they had limited demands but it's a really late date, does anybody know of Bi planes in service even more recently?

Seawitch

I think Mexico was still operating Stearman trainers at BAM Zapopan, Jalisco up until a few years ago...

And don't forget the An-2. There's still many of them around...

Hi all
The lovely Hawker Hind Bi plane, a light bomber from a family of aircraft the RAF nearly faced Germany with served properly with the Royal Afghan Air Force until as late as 1956.
I'm sure they had limited demands but it's a really late date, does anybody know of Bi planes in service even more recently?

Seawitch
Antonov AN 2

Hopefully weather permitting Seawitch Im off to the Shuttleworth air show next weekend to practice with my new lens and the flying itinerary includes a show by the Hind. Ive seen her before and shes a very pretty plane so I'll try and get some snaps for you .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back