Vic's Builds - Flying - Floating and Riding (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your interest guys. Here are the remaining close-up shots of my Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid build.

Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid. WWII Wehrmacht. 6.JPG

Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid. WWII Wehrmacht. 7.JPG

Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid. WWII Wehrmacht. 8.JPG

Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid. WWII Wehrmacht. 9.JPG

Zündapp and BMW 750cc Hybrid. WWII Wehrmacht. 10.JPG

:D

I've been saving these two till last. They were earmarked for GB31 but never got there and in a very loose connection are linked with my past. Both aircraft were used by the British and French Navy's during the Suez Crisis in mid 1956. At that time I was safely back in England with my parents after we had been evacuated from Egypt early in 1956 prior to hostilities. As it so happens, neither aircraft, though deployed to the Eastern Mediterranean suitably painted under Operation Musketeer with recognition stripes, never saw combat.

Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956 and Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.

Suez 1. Vaught F4U-7 Corsair. French Navy & Westerland Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle. Dec 1956. Was...JPG

Suez 2. Operation Musketeer. Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956..JPG

Suez 7. Operation Musketeer Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 3. Operation Musketeer. Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 8. Operation Musketeer Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.JPG

Having resurrected my pics thread and not having been active on the forum for some time, I though that maybe a new thread showing what I've been slinging together over these past few years. It's a mixed bag of tricks mostly outside the field of WW2 Aircraft and possibly outside the interests of many of you fine modellers but building them was a distraction and a joy during some disruptive events. So to start the ball rolling this build was intended to knock your socks off either on GB28 or 32. My Heinkel He 219 A-7.

View attachment 663480

View attachment 663481

View attachment 663482

View attachment 663483

View attachment 663484

View attachment 663485

View attachment 663486

Hope you like it.
Great, now I am now also sockless

Thanks for popping in guys, for the complimentary emoji and the kind comments. This will be the final post to this thread for now as I have now run out of unseen models.

So here are the remaining pics of these two fin beast from the mid 1950's the Corsair F4U-7. French Navy and Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle in December 1956.
Suez 4. Operation Musketeer. Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 5. Operation Musketeer. Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 6. Operation Musketeer. Corsair F4U-7. French Navy. Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 9. Operation Musketeer Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 10. Operation Musketeer Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 11. Operation Musketeer Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle Dec 1956.JPG

Suez 1. Vaught F4U-7 Corsair. French Navy & Westerland Wyvern S Mk.4. HMS Eagle. Dec 1956. Was...JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back