Sep 13, 2025 #1 MiTasol Major 9,857 18,733 Joined Sep 19, 2012 Location Aw flaming stralia Video shows life-sized WW2 Lincolnshire bomber sculpture from air The artwork in Norton Disney is a tribute to the Lincolnshire RAF crews of World War Two. www.bbc.com
Video shows life-sized WW2 Lincolnshire bomber sculpture from air The artwork in Norton Disney is a tribute to the Lincolnshire RAF crews of World War Two. www.bbc.com
Sep 13, 2025 #2 Gnomey Globetrotting Surgeon General Staff Mod 75,875 11,598 Joined Nov 28, 2004 Location Bristol / Southsea / Royal Deeside, UK Website www.flickr.com That's quite something! A fitting tribute.
Sep 13, 2025 #3 fannum Senior Airman 476 1,178 Joined Sep 23, 2022 ... one of first things I learned in multi engine training was "never turn into a dead engine!"
Sep 17, 2025 #4 B Barrett Staff Sergeant 813 1,455 Joined Feb 9, 2007 Location Western United States MiTasol said: Video shows life-sized WW2 Lincolnshire bomber sculpture from air The artwork in Norton Disney is a tribute to the Lincolnshire RAF crews of World War Two. www.bbc.com Click to expand... Gives dimensions but not weight, and not much behind the motivation/manufacturers.
MiTasol said: Video shows life-sized WW2 Lincolnshire bomber sculpture from air The artwork in Norton Disney is a tribute to the Lincolnshire RAF crews of World War Two. www.bbc.com Click to expand... Gives dimensions but not weight, and not much behind the motivation/manufacturers.
Sep 17, 2025 #6 SaparotRob Unter Gemeine Geschwader Murmeltier XIII 19,934 21,912 Joined Mar 12, 2020 Location Long Island, NY Pretty cool.
Sep 20, 2025 #7 PETERTHEEATER Airman 42 36 Joined Dec 22, 2006 Location Oxfordshire, UK I love the sculpture but the supports need effective camouflage.
Sep 20, 2025 Thread starter #8 MiTasol Major 9,857 18,733 Joined Sep 19, 2012 Location Aw flaming stralia I agree in principle but what background should they camouflage against? The green grass? The blue sky? I think removing that crane will probably help the overall effect.
I agree in principle but what background should they camouflage against? The green grass? The blue sky? I think removing that crane will probably help the overall effect.
Sep 20, 2025 #9 Sabrejet Staff Sergeant 811 1,256 Joined Apr 5, 2023 MiTasol said: I agree in principle but what background should they camouflage against? The green grass? The blue sky? I think removing that crane will probably help the overall effect. Click to expand... IIRC the 'camouflage' was going to be a stream of poppies.
MiTasol said: I agree in principle but what background should they camouflage against? The green grass? The blue sky? I think removing that crane will probably help the overall effect. Click to expand... IIRC the 'camouflage' was going to be a stream of poppies.