Videos of the Eastern Front. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A great video Charles, thankyou for sharing.

I always have such internal conflicts when I see images like that. On the one hand these are obviously brave men, and the suffering they are putting up with is also obvious.

At the back of my head I have a voice shouting at me to be angry at those Nazis that caused all this suffering, not only to Germany's enemies, but also to the German people themselves. A total sellout and betrayal in my opinion, and I just cannot get past that.

I am not intending to politicise your thread in any way, but these are the emotions I feel when I see images like that

Good posting Parsifal, good posting, I wont get into politcs either but I am convinced that the video had strong and educative images very useful today whe we have the tendency to oversimplificate everything...war included.

More videos to come.

This documentary name is "Mein Krieg" but I guess a better name would be "Confessions of the Eastern front". Get close to the life of the German foot soldier in Russia, by watching these amateur movies from the eastern front. The documentary has some nitid color footage and English subs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3jlDuFdDyc

If somebody want links to donwload it in better quality than youtube just ask me.

I saw Mien Kreig in the theater (Small Art House type) when it first came out- I had forgotten all about that movie-great images and color film, well worth watching.

Just note the engine warming device used to warm the ground crew :)

Pak 38 antitank gun vs 3 soviet T-34.

Attachments

• PAK38.wmv
    6.1 MB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back