Was 1940 really like this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Park82

Airman
Oct 2, 2009
Hi,

Here at the RAF Benevolent Fund we've launched a campaign to bring the Battle of Britain to a new generation.

1940 Chronicle is a new online 1940s-style newspaper which breaks daily news of Britain at war from the same day 70 years ago, as though it's happening in real time.

Interwoven with this are the stories of five fictional but historically accurate characters: a Hurricane Pilot based at Biggin Hill, a Radar Operator, a Plane Mechanic, a Nurse and a Journalist. Their personal accounts of the Battle unfold in real time against the backdrop of the war through a series of blogs.

We would really like to know what ww2Aircraft.net readers think of the site. Is it historically accurate enough? Do the characters ring true? Please visit, explore and give us any comments you have here on the forum.

Thanks!

I'll have a read when I get home, thanks for the link

Have a chat with Timmo, one of our members, he actually did fly Hurricanes in the Battle

Interesting article in the Chronicle today about American claims of a British secret weapon aganist the Luftwaffe - any forum members ever heard of this?

1940 Chronicle

Amazing effort! What a shame we didn't get into it earlier.

Too much there for the likes of me to take in for useful comment, but one question - is that not Don Kingaby who you rescued from the sea??

= Tim

Amazing effort! What a shame we didn't get into it earlier.

Too much there for the likes of me to take in for useful comment, but one question - is that not Don Kingaby who you rescued from the sea??

= Tim

I'll find out for you Tim!

You can catch up on 'the story so far' and read archived news stories from www.1940chronicle.com by following this link: The Story So Far | 1940 Chronicle

www.1940chronicle.com will soon have real video footage from 1940 to accompany some of its news stories. Do keep visiting and share your thoughts on this forum

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back