Werner Mölders Bf 109E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These additionall corrections you have to do aren't anything major. And you can do that easy I think. Anyway I'm looking forward to the final effect.

Hi Wotan, thanks for the great photos and kind comments.

Here is version number three, hopefully as close as possible now to Molders actual 109E he flew that day!

revised detail smith molders 109E.jpg

Wayne, out of interest, can I ask why you think the 109E under the camo netting is W.Nr2804? Is there any reason he would fly an A/c without kommodore markings applied?

Last edited:
Wayne, out of interest, can I ask why you think the 109E under the camo netting is W.Nr2804? Is there any reason he would fly an A/c without kommodore markings applied?

Hi Simon, while it is difficult to determine very much from the image due to the brightness and shadow from the camo netting, it can be seen in the victory markings that there are more on the top row than the second and third rows, but more importantly keen eyed observers can see that the first row is set further apart from the other rows and this matches exactly with the known tail shot of W.Nr.2804.
Now the image above appears to show a Yellow Rudder, while the image I refer to does not, but I suspect the yellow was painted around the victory markings shortly after, if they had been painted over i think they would have been reset more evenly when reapplied.
As for the Kommodore markings, simply had not been applied at the time of the photo's I suspect.

Now I can also say that I have another image of the tail of 3737 with Yellow paint applied above and below the victory markings only not around them at this time it shows 13, 15 and 15 victories in the rows.

thanks Njaco and thanks too for the info Wayne!

While we are on the subject of Molders, is it known what his a/c looked like in the engagement with Sailor Malan? That's my current project. Any guidance would be appreciated... :)

Wojtek, I still can't see the original posted images, just the box with the 'image' icon. However, I can see the images posted subsequently - the artwork is rather good! Far as I know, the badge wasn't officially introduced until April 1941, when Molders was flying the 'F'.

Copied that Terry. Please send me a PM with your computer datas. Also please add names of all programs you have installed there including the OS variant and the net browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back