Wet Feathers & Green Wings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

echo1

Airman
Nov 10, 2023
Kali
Hello aviation enthusiasts from a WWII junkie. Been around flying machines since soloing in '68. Worked in ag aviation during the transition from Stearman to Ag Cats, and the last of the WWII pilots. My boss was a B24 & B29 instructor. We had a Wright 440HP metalized 2-holer Stearman and an L4 that I got some time in. After I bailed out of ag, I started a video production company and shot air shows all over Kali and the Reno Air Races. I have hours of warbird footage, from the ground and air to air. Cool chit. Besides firearm collecting, my boys and I are motor heads, auto and flying machines, and have more than a few die cast classic cars and planes. I worked for a crop-dusting outfit for 10 years, Trinkle & Boys, and my boys were raised as airport bums, we've gone to many an airshow, car show or swap meet. When we went to Bristol for NASCAR, we spent hours at the Tennessee Air Museum, home of the P-47 association. Since I retired, I've been to The Legacy, Warhawk, Erickson, Museum of Flight, Paul Allens Air & Armor, Bird Aviation, Hill AFB, Castle AFB, Mather AFB, McClellan AFB, Planes of Fame, Air Attack Museum and most every crop duster strip within 1000 miles of home. This is one of our display cases we had. I posted a thread on Calguns challenging anyone to name ALL the planes shown and win a cheap sling. Common name vs numerical (i.e. Skymaster/Cessna 337) works and to name the Caped Crusader lookin guy "ZAR" aka Jimmy Franklin, his rig THE STARSHIP PRIDE, a Piper Aerostar, and get quick disconnects too.
DSCN0443_zpsbfc65a65.jpg

Top shelf: Zero, Warhawk, Mitchell x2
DSCN0441_zps32d9a2ff.jpg

Bleriot IX and a Ryan on top of a Concorde. Wright Flyer. White Beechcraft 18 missing props. Looks like a silver Sikorsky S42 flying boat, with a 707 and 737 next to it. Space shuttle in back. Travel Air Model R (MYSTERY SHIP), yellow Waco-based(?) MAC TOOLS racer. LOCKHEED VEGA, Silver DC3.
DSCN0440_zpsf9ffaddb.jpg

P-51D. Zero. MOSQUITO (can't see it that good). Lancaster. B17. Red and white Mustang-derived racer. Another Warhawk. Black Widow. WRIGHT FLYER HIDING UNDER TAIL.
DSCN0442_zps4b1b784c.jpg

Fw-190 (CAN'T SEE IT BUT IT'S A RUSSIAN CAPTURE -- RED STAR). Hellcat. MiG-3. Another Hellcat in the back on top of a GRUMAN F3F-F (again too small me thinks). Late-mark Spitfire over a Stuka. Corsair over a Hellcat over Bf-109. Early-model Thunderbolt over a C-47.
DSCN0439_zpsc8038219.jpg

THIS IS THE ONE THAT KILLED EVERYONE, A FRENCH DEWOITINE D-520. Seafire. 109. Looks like another MiG-3, over a Corsair. P-38 Lighting under another Black Widow under another Warhawk. Mosquito above another 'Cat, next to a Corsair.
Thanks for having me, PAX

Last edited:
Hi Warbird aficionados from another WWII junkie. Had the good fortune to work with some of the last WWII aviators while in the ag aviation arena during the '70s and '80s. Got some time in a 440HP Wright powered metalized Stearman & a L4. One of my bosses was a B24 & a B29 instructor, the other one saw the Macon passing on it fatal mission. When I bailed on ag I started a video production company and shot a ton of airshows from Shafter to Reno and have some cool footage from the ground and air to air. Thanks for having me, PAX

Besides milsurp and C&R firearms, my boys and I are motor heads, auto and flying machines, and have more than a few die cast classic cars and planes. I worked for a crop-dusting outfit for 10 years, and my boys were raised as airport bums, we've gone to many an airshow, car show or swap meet. When we went to Bristol for NASCAR, we spent hours at the Tennessee Air Museum, home of the P-47 association. Since then, I've gone to Legacy, Warhawk, Bird, Erickson, Boeing, Air & Armor, Planes of Fame, Oakland, Pima, McClellan, Castle, Mather, Hawiian Naval Air and Hill AFBs and museums. Dayton & The Smithsonian Air & Space are on my bucket list. This is one of our display cases we had. I posted a thread on Calguns challenging anyone to name ALL the planes shown and win a cheap sling. Common name vs numerical (i.e. Skymaster/Cessna 337) works. If you really know your stuff, name the Caped Crusader lookin guy "ZAR" aka Jimmy Franklin, his rig THE STARSHIP PRIDE, a Piper Aerostar, and get quick disconnects too. Enjoy, PAX
DSCN0443_zpsbfc65a65.jpg

Top shelf: Zero, Warhawk, Mitchell x2
DSCN0441_zps32d9a2ff.jpg

Bleriot IX and a Ryan on top of a Concorde. Wright Flyer. White Beechcraft 18 missing props. Looks like a silver Sikorsky S42 flying boat, with a 707 and 737 next to it. Space shuttle in back. Travel Air Model R (MYSTERY SHIP), yellow Waco-based(?) MAC TOOLS racer. LOCKHEED VEGA, Silver DC3.
DSCN0440_zpsf9ffaddb.jpg

P-51D. Zero. MOSQUITO (can't see it that good). Lancaster. B17. Red and white Mustang-derived racer. Another Warhawk. Black Widow. WRIGHT FLYER HIDING UNDER TAIL.
DSCN0442_zps4b1b784c.jpg

Fw-190 (CAN'T SEE IT BUT IT'S A RUSSIAN CAPTURE -- RED STAR). Hellcat. MiG-3. Another Hellcat in the back on top of a GRUMAN F3F-F (again too small me thinks). Late-mark Spitfire over a Stuka. Corsair over a Hellcat over Bf-109. Early-model Thunderbolt over a C-47.
DSCN0439_zpsc8038219.jpg

THIS IS THE ONE THAT KILLED EVERYONE, A FRENCH DEWOITINE D-520. Seafire. 109. Looks like another MiG-3, over a Corsair. P-38 Lighting under another Black Widow under another Warhawk. Mosquito above another 'Cat, next to a Corsair.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back