Hi chaps from cold and wet England!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocketeer

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2009
Salisbury
New to the forum, recommended by a good friend.
My life is total aviation....I have been a Flight Test Engineer since 1987. Been restoring old stuff since 1978. My website is at default

When not working, I am busy picking up old stuff, the attached photo shows a DB603 from a Messerschmitt Me410 shot down over England (which hit actor Oliver Reed's house on its way to the crash).
The website will soon have an engines page to detail the 3 x Merlins and DB603. A P51D Mustang project was acquired recently which will be to static condition (long term). The aircraft had at least 3 kills including a share of an Me163........anyway's hi chaps and chappesses....:D

Attachments

• PICT0586_2.jpg
    PICT0586_2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 152
Welcome dude
immensely envious of your hobby
I'm an engine-builder in my spare time too although nothing quite so exciting as yours

Yo dude, welcome to the site.

Looking good !.

You must come around and kick my Rsend to get the site updated as we discussed !:oops:

Hello and welcome from an even colder, lot further North, part of England!
Looking forward to seeing some of your work, especially the P51 restoration.
Terry.

Cheers Chaps and thanx for the warm welcome....will aim to get the website updated soonest....maybe even this weekend....the 410 was the one that came down at Radnage Bucks, will sort out the details if you like.....Tony

Hi Rocketeer everyone else on the board, what a surprise to see that DB603
again after all this time, I was one of the people who dug it up back around
1969 or 1970 when I was a member of 1811 Marlow ATC, even spoke to an eye witness of the crash who was still working at the farm at that time.

Here is an article about the chaps who shot it down in 1944 German air raid on Maidenhead

where has it been since then ? I've been here in the states for the last 20 years but returning to cold and wet England in about 9 months and would enjoy seeing it again one day, good luck with your projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back