What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been over two years since I lost my place because of the wildfire here in town.
Almost two years since I closed escrow on this place and still haven't been able to move in.

If someone told me this story, I'd either think they were making sh!t up or the biggest idiot on the planet...
Well maybe one of these days it'll all get sorted out. What's wrong with the house?

By no means do I want to minimize the horror of these fires to the folks who live in or near the actual fires. We are east of the Caldor fire and southeast of the Dixie fire. We've had dark hazy sky since late July. There have been days when schools were closed because the atmosphere reached hazardous levels. Even here we have had animals leaving the mountains and moving closer to town to be closer to water. I tried to post photos but couldn't get both text and photos to agree; I'll post separately.
-Caldor fire started August 14 now 316k acres = 338 sq mile or 12,800 ha/1,280 sq km (37% contained)
-Dixie fire started July 14 now 910k acres = 1,422 sq miles or 368k ha/3,685 sq km (57% contained)

Caldor_Fire_1.jpg
Caldor_Fire_2.jpg
Caldor_Fire_3.jpg
Moon_Fire_Haze_2.JPG

By no means do I want to minimize the horror of these fires to the folks who live in or near the actual fires. We are east of the Caldor fire and southeast of the Dixie fire. We've had dark hazy sky since late July. There have been days when schools were closed because the atmosphere reached hazardous levels. Even here we have had animals leaving the mountains and moving closer to town to be closer to water. I tried to post photos but couldn't get both text and photos to agree; I'll post separately.
-Caldor fire started August 14 now 316k acres = 338 sq mile or 12,800 ha/1,280 sq km (37% contained)
-Dixie fire started July 14 now 910k acres = 1,422 sq miles or 368k ha/3,685 sq km (57% contained)

View attachment 640668View attachment 640669View attachment 640670View attachment 640671
I'm in Redding (Shasta County), we've been smothered all summer from the:
Dixie, Lava, Tennant, McFarland, Salt, Monument, Sugar, Beckworth complex, River complex and a dozen other fires...

Well maybe one of these days it'll all get sorted out. What's wrong with the house?
It was ruined by former tenants and because of the recent catastrophic fires and people being at home due to the covid, contractors arw in short supply.
If I was 20 years younger or hadn't been killed in a horrific wreck a few years back, I could do more around here...

Nothing on TV lately so I've been watching Benny Hill show clips on Youtube. Now I've got that Yakety Sax song they play when he gets chased around by the angry mob stuck in my head for the last 3 days. Could be worse I guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back