Here are the promised Pictures, I an still really amazed at the cars condition, at 1st glance it looks like they just took it for a joy ride and ran it until it was out of gas. They went thru everything, and left a bunch of snack wrappers in the car. But dependently not much a old woman considers necessary in her car was of interest. The Battery is still in the car but is dead, evidently the alarm system was going off when it was toed in Thursday afternoon. Next week the show will see if they can reteach the Key fobs, and get it started, they are trying to trickle charge the battery over the weekend. Fingers crossed that nothing was damaged on the drive train. One good thing is the winter tires don't have much grip in the rain so really abusing the engine would have been difficult.
The day consisted of 2 hours on the phone with the Detroit Police Impound Lot to find what location it was at, returning the rental car as my employer was Kind enough to let me use our company Pool car for 2 weeks (my employer does treat us better than any company I have ever worked for) Diving an hour to the Grand River Ave impound Lot, Dealing with the short staffed but actually very friendly lot staff. Waiting 2 hours for our turn in line. Paying the $245 impound fee. (that will be reimbursed by the insurance Co.) Finding out it wouldn't start and getting a roll back truck willing to take it 45 miles to our local repair shop.
I considered we were very luck, it was about 40F out, very warm for late January in S/E Michigan. We were actually the last people to get their car out yesterday before they closed up at 3:00pm, The rain held off until we got the car unloaded at the Body shop, and the Body shop owner who I have known for 30+ years paid the tow bill and said he will just add it to the insurance claim. I think it went as smooth as it could have, with a better than I could have hoped for result.
Thanks for all the support and well wishes everyone!
View attachment 760115View attachment 760116View attachment 760117View attachment 760118View attachment 760119