What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What annoyed me, flu getting back at me. I had flu 2 weeks ago, lying in bed with 39C fever. Last week I thought I was over it, so I worked all week, but I felt increasingly worse again. Thermometer confirmed, my temperature is up in the 38's again, coughing my lungs out. Freaking flu, will it never end?

Get well my friend.

I was annoyed last night. I was at the airport helping a friend work on an airplane and he stopped the golf cart to talk to an old friend he had not seen for many years. I was wearing full length blue jeans and t-shirt; there was a brisk wind blowing, and I was freezing. Finally we got away and I asked him to drop me off at my hangar so I could get warmer clothing. I had found an ancient (at least 45 years old) fleece jacket that I had not worn in probably 30 years and stuck it in the car in case I needed something warmer. I put on the jacket and things felt better.

Then I turned on a radio I had been testing and tuned in the airport Automated Weather Observation Station, wondering just how cold it had gotten.

I was stunned. The AWOS was reporting 21C/70F. And I was freezing.

What annoyed me, flu getting back at me. I had flu 2 weeks ago, lying in bed with 39C fever. Last week I thought I was over it, so I worked all week, but I felt increasingly worse again. Thermometer confirmed, my temperature is up in the 38's again, coughing my lungs out. Freaking flu, will it never end?
Sure it isnt covid? I know that comes back like a boomerang. Ask me how i know.
I was ill, thought was okish .. aaand back again in bed feeling like the end of trip.
So i hope you will feel better soon but take some time after the fever. At least a week.
Dr Bibber here for a free consult.

Sure it isnt covid? I know that comes back like a boomerang. Ask me how i know.
I was ill, thought was okish .. aaand back again in bed feeling like the end of trip.
So i hope you will feel better soon but take some time after the fever. At least a week.
Dr Bibber here for a free consult.
Tests were negative, so I think it is the flu.

Have you been put on blood thinners for any reason?
Nope. I have heard people say that but I don't take any of that stuff, not even a baby aspirin - which, it seems, is now back in favor with some medical "authorities." It sure would be nice if medical "science" was not so given to fads.

The first fall I was here I was sitting on the back porch reading, wearing shorts and a T-shirt. There was breeze and I started feeling that it was too cool out to be so lightly dressed. I got up and looked at the thermometer. It was 78F!

But this being "winter" you would have thought I was better acclimated.

There are only two seasons in Central Florida;

1. Summer
2. The 4th of July.

Day would be perfect except for the stupid situation my 15 year old has put us in again. Finished course work today and Super Bowl arrachera is ready to go except for that tomorrow. Quite annoyed.

This is not good Marcel, it is also not the first time I've seen this happen to friends. Here is hoping you get well soon. :D

Reading on from all your day activity while I sleep, sounds like a flue/virus war going on up north. Take care the lot of you, stay warm and rest and all get well soon. :D

Last edited:
What's annoying? The perfect cross-country ski conditions we have this weekend. Why is that annoying? Because I fell victim to a rare gravitational anomaly that pulled me to the ground, seriously wrenching my knee. OK .... it was actually a dumbass (me...) slipping on black ice....... damn gravity........:p
On the plus side, I'm thinking I'll be good-to-go by nest weekend :)

Tests were negative, so I think it is the flu.

In Australia whooping cough, also known as the 100 day cough, is now a major problem.

I gather it was almost extinct but a combination of anti vax and people not getting vaccinated against an "extinct" illness has bought it back with a vengeance.

I suggest finding out if it has resurfaced in your area and if so get a doctors opinion. It is highly contagious.

A painful lump in SWMBO's shoulder has been identified as a low grade (meaning difficult to treat) infection of the bone in the area of the prosthesis fitted five years ago.

The not so good news is that sometime soon they will remove the prosthesis, pack the area with slow release antibiotics and put her on a drip until all traces of the infection are gone. This typically takes six weeks and can take longer. Once the infection is gone the surgeon will go back in and clean up the damage and insert a new prosthesis.

Recovery from that is a minimum of three months.

Given how far the prosthesis goes in to the humerus this is not minor surgery and I am very glad this is not me getting this treatment.

1707715344294.png

Probably no driving for six months from first surgery which is not going to be fun as I am too vision impaired to drive and the surgeries and follow-ups are in a hospital 200km away.

Thank the gods for health insurance but they do not cover the taxi costs for our weekly shopping etc.

Not good new and my thoughts go out to you guys. I trust all goes well and that you can manage the obvious disruption to your daily lives. Maybe you have family or close friends who can chip in with a little help from time to time. Keep us posted as this little forum family likes to know how your going. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back