What are you doing today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I just realized we have "what annoyed you", "what cheered you up", "what made you sad" and even "what are you listening to" threads, but not a thread that covers what's going on when members check in with the forums.

At the moment, I'm taking a break from renovating the shop on my property. It was built in 1971 for a "mom & pop" Log Truck outfit and over the years (and through several owners) languished.

So I've been in the process of cleaning up the shop, like repairing the evaporative cooler, insulating and adding drywall and most important: installing a real work bench.

This is a photo of the South-east corner of the shop as I was getting started:
20220615_093541.jpg

And this is a current photo:
20230517_224022.jpg

The work bench is seven feet wide on the left and eight feet wide on the right and made with 2x6 construction with 4x4 uprights. The work surface will eventually be 3/4" plywood covered with sheet metal.
20230412_224242.jpg

So that's what I've been working on today, what are you guys up to?
Modeling, gardening, painting the house, fixing the wife's car, dodging giant meteors or what?

Laid out in the grass, mud and bugs and got the new drive belt on the zero turn mower. Took over an hour to make that happen out there. Could have done it in 10 minutes on the driveway, but couldn't get the drives to unlock so I could push it 100 feet to concrete. Got it going, mowed and went to lunch. Got home and took my afternoon battery of drugs and some pain killers to knock the edge off things. Yesterday, rolling around on the ground putting Valarie's new stove in and helping the ac guy. coupled with today, has ramped the pain level up quite a bit.

Growing older ain't for wimps!

It is very common here, Shinpachi. I usually keep mine in a locked safe.
When the youngest son of our Japanese friends, the Fukuda family, visited my parents in West Virginia (where they had retired) they took him to their summer place in the country and he tried target shooting with a .22 for his first time ever. It was the highlight of his round-the-world tour. He was so delighted with his experience that he collected all the empty .22 brass shell cases and folded up his paper targets and packed them in his suitcase to take home to Tokyo as souvenirs.

Nice thread, Dave :thumbright:

I have noticed a gun on the table.
Is it common for citizens to own one or two guns at home?
Sorry to ask but I am curious.

View attachment 723464
Thanks, Shinpachi.

Would you believe that the the pistol you see in the picture, is actually a "toy"?

It's manufactured by AirSoft, who makes a wide range of pistols and rifles based on actual firearms and it "shoots" plastic pellets. I found it out on the property a while back while mowing the wild grass.

Here in the U.S., it is legal to have one or more firearms as long as they meet Federal and State laws for ownership.

I have several, but they are kept in safe locations. 🙂

Here's a photo of the AirSoft pistol and the plastic bag it was found in.

It was partially buried in a plastic Wal-Mart bag (which hasn't been available in California for about 8 years now) and I have no idea why it would have been stashed away like that.

View attachment 723471
Shinpachi, a toy gun can be identified by the orange projection on the muzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back