What Annoyed You Today? (14 Viewers)

Back to work after nearly a week of vertigo and associated ailments :pukeright: Still not 100% but it's much better now. On the plus side, I lost 5+ pounds.
 
I'm a Tar Heel fan and I will leave it at that.
 
"The general thinks his pay is good (quite good), but his students stink! (In many ways) " I yelled today. Several times.
 
Had a left hand drive '55 Austin A30 with a door wing signal light. When I was parked, sitting in the drivers seat and someone was outside talking to me, I would try to manoeuvre them beside the door and make a left turn signal.......wham. Good times

austin1.jpg

WIKI​
 
Last edited:
The Austin brings back another memory. About 1957-58 while in the Civil Air Patrol cadets, one of the older cadets had an A40. He was rather a bore and had brought a date to the Friday night CAP meeting which was not done, I suspect because she was quite pretty and wanted to show off. It was dark when the meeting let out, so a few of us found his Austin in the parking lot, lifted the rear end, put concrete blocks under the axles and waited in the bushes for the results. He escorted his cutie to her side, then entered the driver's side, started up, shifted to reverse and nothing but wheels spinning. He got out to see and because of the darkness, missed the spinning wheels. We were far enough away he couldn't hear our muffled laughter, he then tried again, then took his cutie back into the airport and took a cab.
 
Had a left hand drive '55 Austin A30 with a door wing signal light.
Ah! The semaphore turn signals. I was not thinking of those. How thell did they work at night? And then there is the mechanical linkage to worry about.

Like my neighbor with the Mercedes. I think almost everybody uses a simple bowden cable to open the door over the gas cap. But not them! It is VACUUM BASED! And we are not talking engine vacuum, either.
 
In need of an afternoon nap, but work tends to frown upon that for some reason.
 
Bugga. That is no fun at all. I hope tonight works.
Tonight I got kicked out after 10 minutes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back