I understand the frustration with restoration prices, but a good quality paint job alone starts at about $8K, and that is just the starting point. Most shops charge $100+ an hour for work so if you have 500 hours into the restoration at $100 an hour that is $50K in Labor alone. Remember you have to include the disassembly time, properly documenting and storing the removed parts that are to be reinstalled, the actual repair, prep and paint work, and the reassembly and cleaning. It adds up fast. Plus the cost of any sheet metal panels, and paint, and prep supplies, plus in today's world disposal fees.
Its not a road to go down if you plan on making money on the other end for most cars. Unless its a very rare and sought after car, it is usually much cheaper to but one already restored. I know, I usually do all the work but the actual Paint and final prep for the paint myself, and its still an expensive hobby.