What Annoyed You Today? (8 Viewers)

Got a phone call this afternoon with a caller ID that said JP Morgan Chase and a number 332-779-4041. The message left on the answering machine sounded like a black woman and, while I could pretty much hear all the words when played back, they made no sense. I have no association with that company and no idea what she was talking about, other than wishing me a good weekend. I did a search on the phone number and found a long list under the subject of "332 Scams." Pretty much all are financial in nature.
 
Got a phone call this afternoon with a caller ID that said JP Morgan Chase and a number 332-779-4041. The message left on the answering machine sounded like a black woman and, while I could pretty much hear all the words when played back, they made no sense. I have no association with that company and no idea what she was talking about, other than wishing me a good weekend. I did a search on the phone number and found a long list under the subject of "332 Scams." Pretty much all are financial in nature.
When I get numbers I don't recognize, I let them go to voicemail and then look the number up. If I'm at the computer when the call comes in, I'll flop over and run the number right then. Some were legitimate and things I needed to deal with, but most were scams or scam-like calls.
 
When I get numbers I don't recognize, I let them go to voicemail and then look the number up.
Yes, that is what I do, unless I can tell from the beginning of the recording that it is one that I want. I look up the number and if it is a scam or otherwise an irritant, I block it using the 1000 phone number blocking feature of the Panasonic phone.
 
Most popular(?) scam area codes
  • 268: Antigua and Barbuda (often tied to callback fraud)
  • 876: Jamaica (frequently used in lottery and work-from-home scams)
  • 473: Grenada and Carriacou (commonly linked to one-ring scams)
  • 649: Turks and Caicos Islands (associated with fraudulent calls)
  • 284: British Virgin Islands (linked to phishing and investment fraud)
The last few weeks, two of these have popped up in my Junk Mail. Haven't seen them in decades. I'm gonna be rich....rich I tells ya. Bwa ha ha
1788622937829.png

1788622995966.png
 
$18.60 US dollars?!?!? WoW! You DID hit the jackpot!

One like that I got several years back said that if I did not agree to take the money then it would be assumed I was engaged in criminal activities and would be arrested.
 
Most popular(?) scam area codes
  • 268: Antigua and Barbuda (often tied to callback fraud)
  • 876: Jamaica (frequently used in lottery and work-from-home scams)
  • 473: Grenada and Carriacou (commonly linked to one-ring scams)
  • 649: Turks and Caicos Islands (associated with fraudulent calls)
  • 284: British Virgin Islands (linked to phishing and investment fraud)
The last few weeks, two of these have popped up in my Junk Mail. Haven't seen them in decades. I'm gonna be rich....rich I tells ya. Bwa ha ha
You can get the Bentley and sell it and get rich, no? (as they will say on the phone).
 
You can get the Bentley and sell it and get rich, no? (as they will say on the phone).
Ah. Good sir, there are tariffs and international shipping charges that need to be paid up front before we can deliver the Bentley. We can accept VISA gift cards sent to our post office box.
 
Recieved my new atlas and classroom workbooks for social studies. The EA says you need to look at this. I can see my 8th grade dual language are really going to hate these and think everything inside is some kind of lie.
 
I have two email addresses, my current one and an old gmail one that I avoid like the plague but keep active for "just in case".

Today I was sent a very confidential document by the person who is about to become my ex lawyer using @#$%^ gmail instead of the email he has been using for the last couple of years.

The reason?

1789450527733.png


So much for confidential.
 
Made my annual "Wellness" visit to the doctor. They have you fill out a double sides list of questions.

First Question: How many days a month do you feel like you want to hurt yourself?

Answer was easy: ZERO

Second Question: How many days a month do you feel like you want to hurt other people?

Answer: The little box they gave me to write in is not nearly large enough for me to be adequately specific. So I put Zero.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back