What book are you reading right now?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, so you got the game then ... or maybe you just robbed someone of their manual...

I'm playin' as Canada at the moment ... building the industry up ... it starts at 28 IC - I've got it up to 34 IC as base! I dissolved the RCN though - except transport fleets ... but I've just re-built it with six Destroyer flotillas... oh, and I have one infantry division - that's my whole army. :lol:

It's Jan. 1938 on mine ... I built nothing but factories, and brought in all supplies by trade to save some IC to build more factories. Playing as Britain is hard - it's easy to defend Britain itself ... but holding on to Africa and Asia is fuckin' solid ... prepare for a mean war at sea.

Im looking foward to the challenge. I thought Germany was rather easy to play. You just had to attack N. Afrika quickly and get rid of England before they were too strong. Russia was the hardest to beat only because they were so large.

Britain certainly is a challenge. I find France easy to play as, it's a big industrial nation and has the capability to create a large army before the war starts. France, in reality, did not prepare for war effectively ... but with the benefit of hindsight, you can make France extremely powerful. I pratically wiped out Germany AND the Soviet Union as France.

I might play with them later but now that i have played with Gemany and am going to start a British Game I will play with Japan next and then the US and then Russian, Then probably Italy and then France. Then maybe some smaller lesser countries such as Nepal or what not.

As Yunnan, I allied myself with Nationalist China and we both fought Guangxi and Communist China. It was interesting because I had the potential to capture a lot of IC which would make me quite powerful for a small nation. You have to take into account the consumer needs of a large country - that's why the game is so good, you can't just become stupidly powerful unless you can support your population and you have the natural resources.

As Canada I have barely enough Energy, but I create (4) Oil and have a lot of metal. So I just trade it away for energy and raw materials.

I'm actually making Canada right-wing ... I've got it Paternal Autocrat at the moment. They start as Market Liberal - and I instantly went for Social Conservative. But I'm actually a dictatorship now! :twisted:

Interesting idea ... I don't know. I'm actually bringing it more right wing so I can enlarge my military to take a more direct role in World War II militarily. That's nothing against Canada or Canadians ... because they did a lot. But I want more Canadian troops in the world under the Canadian flag! At the moment I've got two Corps (I and II Canadian Corps) one with three infantry divisions and one with two infantry divisions (I just remembered, I've just built some) and another infantry division is almost finished ... I have two Hurricane Mk.I wings, and six destroyer flotillas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back