What Cheered You Up Today? (4 Viewers)

Just got my first Pfeizer vaccine.
 
Thanks Artesh.
Here's a pic from Karl's 'phone, showing the muddy dust left on the floor, and, as can be seen, the woodwork, walls and seating etc are undamaged.


Caravan flood pic 2.jpg
 
What cheered me up? After getting off work, driving home on back-country ranch roads through a gentle rain. Beautiful, verdant countryside, full creeks, and longhorns grazing in the drizzle.

As Simon and Garfunkel once sang, "I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep."

I like those sorts of drives.
 
Mortgage is done. I've been in debt since 1974
well, Almost 50 years!!!

And I think I need some explanations, If possible!
 
Mortgage is done. I've been in debt since 1974
Congrats!!

And I think I need some explanations, If possible!
A "mortgage" is a loan from a financial institution that you receive when you purchase a home.
You repay the loan over time in installments (most often monthly payments), which take 20 to 30 years to repay completely.
 
A "mortgage" is a loan from a financial institution that you receive when you purchase a home.
You repay the loan over time in installments (most often monthly payments), which take 20 to 30 years to repay completely.

Well, It doesn't exist in this form in Iran, currently! and not sure if it existed during Pahlavi era ... but back in early days after regime change ... Bani Sadr, Back then as President of country, has introduced something like this system. one of many Prerequisites, was that you don't own any homes or other properties. so many people say he was best President and did many many good things! It seems good idea!
 
Yeah, actually the mortgage idea is not all good. It drives up the prices for houses like crazy sometimes
 
Yeah, actually the mortgage idea is not all good. It drives up the prices for houses like crazy sometimes
Well, actually it was not about mortgage itself, but rather my newest hobby or entertainment I found! World Building for Games & Novels, fantasy or real. and also about Mr. Bani Sadr and part of Iran's history ... What did he do? Why he is so popular? what is lie? what isn't? why did he join MKO? why did he leave them? what happened in a parallel world if he was in power during war??? well I know he was trying to convince clergy [Khomeini] to perform "Burnt Ground" tactic to gain some time to mobilize Army ... but they called him traitor and so many other events ...
 
Hey, it's a win win for banks and govt. Higher prices means more interest for the banks, more property taxes for the govt.
for sure, if it hasn't any interests for them, it was gone like so many other things!
 
Just bought myself a new motorbike. I am taking the BSA off the road and going to do a full restoration back to the original spec.

I have bought a Moto Guzzi V7 to play around on while the beezer is in bits. I pick it up next week can't wait 😊
V7-III-stone-nero-main.jpg


Not the bike I am getting this is a later model but it's very similar
 
Last edited:
Just bought myself a new motorbike. I am taking the BSA off the road and going to do a full restoration back to the original spec.

I have bought a Moto Guzzi V7 to play around on while the beezer is in bits. I pick it up next week can't wait 😊
View attachment 624760

Not the bike I am getting this is a later model but it's very similar
Wow!!! Congrats mate.
 
My wife made it through her first knee replacement and came home today. I hate to see my best friend in so much pain -- but you must keep your eye on the prize. Incidentally 120 days after her first -- we go through it again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back