What did they do? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The good ole PMP, pre mission piss. I even see racers do it just before a race.
I think it's a primal urge to get rid of everything you think you might lose under stress.

Somewhere i've seen a picture of a whole bomber crew taking a PMP at the rear of their aircraft.

One time I got desperate and pissed out of a doorless OH-6, inflight. I never tried that again.

my dad said the last thing he, and everyone else, did before climbing into the cockpit was to dig through all the clothing and pee....and it was the first thing they did when they landed. he talked about the relief tube but said with the several layers of clothing and the straps for the chute, dingy, and mae west by the time you wrestle yourself out to use the tube you were already to berlin and back. plus at 30k feet even with the heater blasting it wasn't all that warm. I have read accounts of 38 pilots using the tube and it freezing shut and overflowing. dad said by the end of a mission he could feel every thread in his underwear and his eyes were floating.....

While not a pilot myself, I know many. They all speak of the emergency 2-liter empty soda bottle with a cap that secures well as essential equipment.
Something like a Gatorade bottle works better - wider-mouth. I can't imagine trying to use something with an opening the size of a soda bottle.
You can get bottles specifically made for this now.

Something like a Gatorade bottle works better - wider-mouth. I can't imagine trying to use something with an opening the size of a soda bottle.
You can get bottles specifically made for this now.
Having experienced the funny shaped "comfort" bottles you get in the hospital I can tell you that sharp edges on the inside of the lip are no fun! Next time I have to go to hospital I am bringing my Dremel with sander attachment!

I remember back in the early 70s seeing relief bottles in trade-a-plane...called little john and jill's john ( for the ladies of course )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back