What do you do? It's a What the moment.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
So I got this kit to do the last HS-4 active H-34 helicopters

Workbench 1a.jpg

Problem is, This is the box art engine clamshell doors.
20190702_082039.JPG

And This is the kit part........ no exhaust port opening.
Can't find a way to contact MRC!!!!!!! Anyone got Any idea how to gwt a correct door????
Dang man. Or is it Gallery Models?????
20190702_082120.JPG

As far as I know there should be three parts ( A2, E4 and C2 ) for the front cover. The one you show here is the A2 one. But there is another one for the part at the C sprue and marked as C2. The part should have the opening. Please check on that. If there is no the sprue C in the kit it means that it may be a reboxed kit without the full set of sprues coming. Additionally, the front door without the exhust port opening were for the HSS-1 and H-34A helicopters.
c2a.jpg
c2b.jpg

However I agree with Andy there is nothing that you can't do, taking your skill level into consideration. It is just a matter of hole. ;)

BTW.. the initial release was by the Gallery Models , the kit nr. 64101 and then your one nr. 64102 reboxed with new decals. Then there appered four other kits with different variants of the helicopter ( nr. 64103 , 64104, 64105, 64106). Three of them came with new parts and one with new decals.
hs34_a.jpg

Soon after the Gallery Models had released the 64101 and the 64102, the Monochrome released two kits with numbers 64101 and 64102 as well. But their kits were offered as the UH-34D and HSS-1N. These were nothing more but packed in new boxes GM kits, Even the box arts were the same.
hs34_b.jpg

Finally found a place to contact, from Gallery Models, sent off an email last night.
The part I posted is the Port side door, that would have the opening.
There are panel lines I would have to fill and then rescribe, bugger that.
Point being, the box art shows the door with the opening, part don't.
Perhaps I'll get a wholllllle new kit???? nah, just settle for the parts!
I wait.

And this is their first response.
Also finding out they are the Direct suppliers
I believe...... so a resolution remains to be seen.
I would also nee the decals for the exhaust port!!!!

Thu, Jul 4, 6:41 AM
Hi Bill,
We can't ship the parts outside the US if we even have them.
I will see if anyone in the office knows where you could inquire in Australia or at least on your side of the globe.
It wont happen until Monday at best.
All the intelligent people have left for the holiday.

Regards,
Xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Easy enough -- see if they can ship the parts to one of us US members and we can forward them on to you. That way, they won't be stepping any anyone's toes. I'll even do it for you if they will ship within the U.S.

Ed

Then I realized the exhaust Tubing will be different, the door and decal......
Send me the whole Kit!!!!!!!!
I may take that up with forwarding, but then they don't have to pay International shipping, and it IS their mistake..
Ain't it????????
Innerds don't match the box art, what you expect to find in the kit???

Soon after the Gallery Models had released the 64101 and the 64102, the Monochrome released two kits with numbers 64101 and 64102 as well. But their kits were offered as the UH-34D and HSS-1N. These were nothing more but packed in new boxes GM kits, Even the box arts were the same.
View attachment 543498

Hadn't noticed your post till now. Was not aware of all that. It's that bloody decal I can't reproduce. The reset probably but not something I planned to ad to the list. I'd it's re-boxed I'm not sure what will happen. I wanted this to be a rather simple detailed build. Thanks for all the background on this one.
Bill

Last edited:
Well I've gotten myownself in a mess.
Aussie distributor sold to Australia Models or some such outfit
with no contact details anywhere.
And MRC is in China. so fat chance.
My only option is to find a USAF Rescue kit........ and hope for the best.
But this is an old not very available kit!
SH!T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back