what happened to the gun that killed hitler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
Does anyone have any information, ideas theories or stories about what happened to the pistol that Hitler used to kill himself. We have accurate information about what happened to the body but no firm information on the wepon.

My theory is that almost certainly it ended up with the Russians, but some people dispute that. One warning....there are a LOT of bogus claims out there on this issue.

I believe it ended up stockpiled somewhere, the importance of it unknown. Possibly in a private collection, museum or destroyed.

I believe I read that Otto Gunsch, who was Hitler's personal adjutant, said that Gerhard Welzin, another adjutant picked up the gun after the suicide. He was later captured by the Russians. I doubt he told anyone that it was the gun Hitler used, so it could be anywhere today.

Had a guy in Basic who couldn't keep them straight. DI had him spend the entire day buck naked on the parade stand with his rifle in one hand and his gun in the other repeating that phrase over and over

Persacktly !
We Brits talk the opposition into surrendering - they get so p*ssed off hearing all the b*llocks we spout, in an upper crust accent, that they beg to surrender.
Of course, that's the 'posh' side of things - 'normal' Brits (I wonder what they are ?) just say "Oh, **** off !" and use one round (OK, maybe two), and job's done !
Being disciplined of course,we are excellent shots (and ammo costs so much these day, don't you know !), so we don't need to do the 'spray and pray' thing - what !

They don't sell guns on Ebay, do they ?

I bought a post war .380 PPK off of Gunbrokers , nice little pistol.
Any firearm with a swasticka on it is out of my price range.

Dave I'm about 99% certain that Ebay does not allow any real gun on its site. Now replicas, stage props, BB/Pellet and air-soft types are permitted and so are gun parts but whole firing guns, even black powder, are a no-no. In any case, unless you have an FFL you could not have the gun shipped to you (except black powder which is dumb)

Mike, ebay used to allow firearms to be sold until they changed their policy in 1999, which prohibited the sale.

Also, some items like airsoft guns, non-firing replicas and such are not allowed to be sold to bidders in some states, like Massachusetts, California and others. In some cases, this also includes conversion hardware, like a .45 to .22 conversion for the 1911 or inserts that allow a flare pistol to discharge centerfire ammunition.

With the exception of functional firearms, ebay does waffle back and forth on their firearm accessory policy - it's hard to keep up with them and I haven't bought anything from ebay in over 10 years anyway :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back