what happened to the gun that killed hitler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Walther PPK b.JPG
I have it!

Dave, when you mentioned "collector pieces" I thought about flintlocks and such but they are banned as well on Ebay. With the nearest Hobby store 3hrs drive away I get model supplies from Ebay except for a few things that Hobby Lobby carries.
I've never understood the Black Powder exception. I can't get a Colt SAA delivered directly to me BUT a Colt Dragoon is OK????

Yeah, like I said, ebay's waffling policies don't make sense.

I did win an auction for a nice Minie Ball mould for my .36 Parker Dragoon ages ago. Up to that point, I had simply run balls through it.

But that's the only firearm related item I've purchased from there.

I hate to be the person that points this out but there is actually zero hard evidence the burnt body from the Berlin Bunker was actually Hitler. A lot of circumstantial evidence and therefore it is entirely possible it may have actually been a Soviet or other Allied gun in stopping a suspicious vehicle. Therefore, I suppose unlike Lincoln it is conclusively impossible to actually prove which gun did the deed. Therefore it is a lot like the fragments of the True Cross in the medieval era. There were a large number of relics even for the same figure. The claim is an unprovable myth to tie to any particular weapon...

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if this will be much help but going back to the original post I did watch a documentary a few years ago where a gentleman wanted to find out what happened to Hitlers remains.
From memory he eventually ended up in a Russian library or museum of sorts where items from the bunker were kept hidden away. He managed to persuade them to bring some out which was a small charred piece of hitlers skull and a section of his lower jaw with the distinctive bridge work still visible between the teeth which we know he had done from dental records so appeared to match but they refused to let him get DNA testing done to positively identify it. From memory they did produce a charred ppk but I can't remember if they claimed it was his. It might be worth trying to look up this documentary. I can't remember what it's name was but I'm sure a quick search on the subject would find it. Cheers Greg.

I do recall something that you describe Aussie. I also recall that a DNA test was done on a skull fragment and it was female... so, I dunno. Doubt we'll ever know with certainty what exactly happened. I am inclined to believe his personal secretary who was there. I see no reason for him not to have told the truth. That belief doesn't make it certain however.

I do recall something that you describe Aussie. I also recall that a DNA test was done on a skull fragment and it was female... so, I dunno. Doubt we'll ever know with certainty what exactly happened. I am inclined to believe his personal secretary who was there. I see no reason for him not to have told the truth. That belief doesn't make it certain however.

It was Eva Braun.

Chris

Colombia? I thought it was Argentina, then Paraguay, with Martin Borman and Josef Mengele.

The gun debate is a bit like Rudolf Hess' Messerschmitt. There are so many people in Scotland with bits of it that if all of them wer put together it is looking to be the size of a C-5 Galaxy.

Wonder if the female bone fragment was Magda Goebbel's?

The Soviets kept moving around the bodies of Hitler, Eva, General Krebs, the Goebbels and even Hitler's dog, there was bound to be parts getting mixed up after all that moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back