What is this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi, other parts - I think there are from some MG from an aircraft. Any ideas? Maybe in next week my friend will send me some glass photos.

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 183
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 184
  • b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 189
  • c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 158
  • c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 202
  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 166
  • c4.JPG
    c4.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 176
  • c5.JPG
    c5.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 175
  • y2.JPG
    y2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 171
  • y.JPG
    y.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 165
Definitly an ammo chute. The other items are most likely gun parts too. Don't ring a bell though. I know the MG 151 and MG 131 pretty good but I'm not sure with these parts. However looking at your gun turret stick it could mean that these parts are from turret MG's...151's and 131's are of course used in turrets aswell but I'm not current on knowledge regarding those configurations.
A tip is to look for numbers starting with R-8. This number is always followed by the a/c type number and part number. For example such a number on a Me 109 would be R8-109. You will have your a/c type if you find such a number. Quiet common on German a/c parts. And that could narrow down the search to determin what parts you have.
The FL numbers also can be good indicators or identification. The internet will provide lots of information regarding this.
Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Sander

Last edited:
Hi, I will send more photos soon. I have a small aluminium (fuse?) box too, but the plate with informations? numbers? is in bat condition. I found a big box of the parts in a "traniangle" shape (first photo in 21th post).
I checked other parts, in some places there are "Fl." letters - is this for aircrafts/Luftwaffe only?

Last edited:
This is interesting, still with original paint.

Attachments

• ccci1.JPG
    ccci1.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 156
  • ccci2.JPG
    ccci2.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 118
  • ccci3.JPG
    ccci3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for the amazing photography! I have some part of this too. This small could be from MG81Z, but bigger looks like this on archiv photo.

Attachments

• cos1.jpg
    cos1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 135
  • cos2.jpg
    cos2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 146
  • cos3.jpg
    cos3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 135
  • wzor.jpg
    wzor.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 143
Man oh man, what scores!!!

Depending on size, one of those ring sights could be from an MG 15 too, don't know their exact measurements myself.

The lower ring and bead sight arrangement is MG 81/81Z (Z- Zwilling, 'twin' - double Mg 81 mounting, used in Ju 87D Stuka, for example)

Just tell them - I have old car parts ;)
...and the VERY bad info is - my friend found Zielfernrohr and throw away it ://///////////////

Last edited:
Problem is he is looking for steel only, he is not interested in old things.

Problem is he is looking for steel only, he is not interested in old things.

That is so sad. :big4: Can you persuade your friend to hand any such finds over to you instead of just chucking them? In the meantime thanks for sharing all this! 8)

I save those parts. Thanks to God (and Satan too). First two parts are from aluminium (this is the same item). Could be from telescope?

Attachments

• al1.JPG
    al1.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 165
  • al2.JPG
    al2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 148
  • stuff1.JPG
    stuff1.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 162
  • stuff2.JPG
    stuff2.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 165
I was talking about this "fuse box". Do you think is from aircraft?

Attachments

• fb5366.JPG
    fb5366.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 153
  • fb5365.JPG
    fb5365.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 142
The plate in the first pic is the base plate for a Revi 16B. It was attached to its mount and connected the sight with the instrument panel. Your earlier pic of the K-4 panel has this type of mount.
I love those former airfields!! They can be a real treasure cave! Please do "save" as much relics as you can and don't let anyone throw things away!!!!! The relics are super rare as they are mostly not in a "crash" condition.
Cheers,
Sander

Users who are viewing this thread

Back