What is this?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Part A is an ammunition counter. It was used to see how many rounds were left. It was however only an indication as it is not an instrument which showed the exact ammount of shots fired. This ammo counter has a max of 500 rounds and was used for example in the Me 109 for the MG 131 13mm guns.
Part B is definitely a weaponssytem related item. The FL number is from the series for weapon systems. Perhaps the FF refers to the MG FF.

Ok, well...I think that instead of going to the UK (no offense to Terry, Gary, Karl and the gang) and cutting across Europe on my way to Bulgaria this summer, I'm going to hang out with Yedyny instead!! But I have a feeling Evan is going to beat me to it...lmao

Seriously though, that is a real treasure trove there in Poland and it would be awesome to just see the area where this supply depot must have been.

Fantastic finds again mate - would love to visit this place you're finding them! (I'll bring the beer Dave, you bring the sando's!)

Btw, seems you're not getting my e-mails for some reason, though they show as being sent my end. Will drop you a PM instead.

Do you know what type is this? Even the paper was around the glass.

Attachments

• gla.jpg
    gla.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 104
Looks like the second glass from a Revi, the anti-glare, or sun shield glass, fitted at the front of the various models of Revi sights. It was mounted on a movable bracket, allowing it to be flipped into place when needed.

And another one, smaller - on the left. I can't say any more, because my friend sent me those photos, maybe soon I will check the numbers.

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 97

Attachments

• long.JPG
    long.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 87
Part 1 is from aluminium, part 2 (airplane's window?) is very heavy, I think that somebody shoot there.

Attachments

• part1.JPG
    part1.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 106
  • part2a.JPG
    part2a.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
  • part2b.JPG
    part2b.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 99
Other items, maybe from MG-15? and pilot's control stick (new one, but broken).

Attachments

• joy4.JPG
    joy4.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 91
  • joy000.JPG
    joy000.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 102
  • joy0.JPG
    joy0.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 100
  • joy2.JPG
    joy2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 102
  • dep2.JPG
    dep2.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 84
  • dep1.JPG
    dep1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
  • cel1.JPG
    cel1.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 91
  • c1_2.JPG
    c1_2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 98
second picture Ju88 part of the LL-K81VE gunmount (armoured glass part.) found together with the mg81 parts?

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
And again a gun turret control column like your 1st one. Nice finds again! Attached another pic of such a Ju 88 gun turret from the outside.(source:internet)

Attachments

• Ju88A4-Rear-gunner2.jpg
    Ju88A4-Rear-gunner2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
"found together with the mg81 parts?"
Yes, all together one one place, maybe 1x1 m.

Great finds again mate, and the guys are on the case - great work!

Replied to your e-mail a couple of days ago, did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back