What kind of car do you drive?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm guessing its apiece that would be readily available at a wreckers over in North America if you want I'll check it out for you

I doubt it. I will post some pics. It really does not look that bad, but it is the part that is below the doors that runs the length of the vehical from wheel to wheel. They claim they will have to cut the part out, build a new part from scratch and weld it in.

I want to see if I can just bend the dent out and then repaint the car.

Ok I'll translate into politically correct "automotive parts recycler" which cerytainly is better then previously enjoyed auto (used car)

While looking that bit up I saw that the first Land Rover was built in 1948 and the first Jeep the CJ-2 was built in 1944. The CJ-2 remained in production through 7 different varients to the CJ-8 until 1986 and a varient of the CJ is still being liscense built today.

Thats cool I did not know that stuff.

sorry, 50 years is closer as i'm talking about what is essentially the same vehicle for 50 years, not how long the company's been going, in 1956 the 88in. and 109in. weelbases were introduced and these chassis are almost exactily the same today, the body has remained almost unchanged, all they've ever done is rounded off a few edges with the Defenders, the indernal dimensions have remained more or less the same and the headlights had to be moved once because of new laws in the low countries, one million being produced by 1976

Today

The defender's ugly - but in that badass looking way. What's that mercedes G series maybe? that looks somewhat similar to the defender?

from msn autoweek:

Attachments

• 9d0bb72da08087df43301937411ef723.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 103
The G-Series is actually an ok vehicle. Pretty decent on the rough stuff and not entirely uncivilised on the road. Im not sure but I think theres a pick-up version too.

Best thing about the Land Rover? The vents under the windscreen. Absolutely fantastic

I bet he was...operating those vents is a thing of class, something everyone should put on their list of things to do before they die...And all the flip switches and knobs by the drivers door, and sitting in the middle seat, legs astride the gear lever, wondering if you'll survive another change into second from an old Series 3 with a ropy gearbox...

I miss our Land Rovers

Lanc So was I....

The CJ series Jeep which started in 1944 and its sister the Wrangler have pretty much never changed except for a few things. Look below....

Starting with the CJ2 from 1944 all the way through the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80,s and to the Wrangler from the 90s.

Only refining the design but not changed, same vehical all derived from the Willys Jeep which dated before WW2. Infact the the CJ2 through the CJ4 were just civilan Willys.

So basically the original Jeep has been built pretty much with the same design for 63 years....

Attachments

• CJ2.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 97
  • cj3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 88
  • cj5.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 94
  • cj6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 110
  • cj7.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 252
  • jeep3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 88
  • wrangler.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 209
No I have not been comparing them however a CJ or Wrangler will go anywhere that your Defender will go. I promise you that! It may not be able to carry as much but it will go wherever you want it to, without a problem.

Why did I introduce it? Simply because you put your basis for the best being used for so long unchanged. I am showing you that someone else has done it longer and just as good.

Dont argue with facts.

I've had two wranglers - 1994 and a 2004. the 1994 i had 33" oversized tires and it was lifted - it was very nice! Even the stock 04 did very well off road. Never got that thing stuck anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread