What kind of pets do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Breena is coming up on 8MO about 2in (5cm) bigger than the Dobe and starting to push the Dobe around. A 33lb (16kg) bag of dog food (the new updated size, costs the same as the old 40lb bag) lasts about 3 weeks or less.
1. At 6MO
2. At 7MO

Attachments

• DCP_1841R.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DCP_1851R.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 120
Paul asked me about my avatar, That 7 lb terror, at least she thinks she, is nothing but a cuddle bunny. Got her when she was 6 or 7 months old and when friends lost their home and jobs. Was supposed to be for a couple of months. She started to cuddle in bed and the next thing I knew was sleeping under the covers snuggled up to my chest. I swear if she could crawl inside she would. Not normally into little dogs but her personality won me over. She's smart, quiet, affectionate, fiercely loyal and as Paul said has a "heart of a Lion". Here is a shot of her backing down two 100Lb Dobermans that a fiend who stopped by had in her SUV:

There was no way she was letting them get out of the SUV

Here she was at 1 yr:

Now last may:

She is my companion, hopefully for the next 13 or 15 years

She's cute!
Here's my two, the light tan is Crowbar, she is a year and a half, (Attitude and a half! She is just getting ready to do the growl-bark.) and the black and white one is Meatloaf, fifteen and a half, still full of piss and vinegar!

Last edited:
Had to take our little cat to the emergency room last night. She had an infection in one of her anal glands and it required a small surgical procedure. Everything went fine and we took her home last night. Cost $325 as well. But there is no price to high for my pets. They are family members to me and my wife.

Paul, they're gorgeous!! Little wuvies.... Sorry about that, get all gushie when I see them. Sorry to hear about your kitty Der, hope she's all better. Last month I was going through all the vet bills for Duchess since I got her, 742.00, she's worth every penny and more. They all are............

Here are some of my favs of her and the terrible threesome.

the other two are Sugar 4 yr (white one) (Malti/poo) Coco, (silky/terrier mix, found on the street when she was 7 weeks old sick, injured, almost lost her. Vet said it looked like she had been kicked) 2 1/2 There is a special place in hell for someone who hurts puppies!

Ahhhhhh, I love Cha-who-a-who-a's.

3 best pets I ever had......

#1, my first pet, Beggar, the best Pekingese ever!!!!! He bit every friend I had!!!!
#2, Lady, an absolute princess Cocker Spaniel.
#3, Buzz, a kick a$$ Beagle. No cage or fence would hold him.

Can't have any more animals. I get so attached to them I fall to pieces when they die or have to be put down.

I know what you mean. Had a Maltese called Lilbit, we had gotten Sugar to mate with him, but he died before Sugar was old enough. Doc said Sugar had to go thru 3 heats before mating. Lilbit was my Mom's dog and he died in his sleep on her pillow with her at around 1 am. Took my mom months to get over his loss. Hell it took me weeks also, loved that little fart.

We have a pet rabbit. He's an in the house rabbit, residing in the laundry room, where he has a cage and a five by five yard. When he was given to us he had been named "Uno" because he only had one testicle. Edna Mae didn't like that, so she changed his name to "Buddy". Like most pets, he's spoiled rotten. He's a pug nose, short eared rabbit of the Polish breed.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0052.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN0053.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 207
My brother and sister in law found a rabbit in the road. They took it to a vet and eventually it had a rear leg amputated. It has since had a stroke and can't even stand on three legs. The adore the bunny. They feed it a special diet and have built it a heated and air conditioned, multi storied palace to live in. It has been over 4 years and "buggsy" is still with us!

I had a Beagle dog too for quite a few years, but this summer he ruptured a disk and as a result he died.

Thought I'd update. Breena is now a year and a half old and about twice the size of the dobe. This was in the backyard after our snowfall last week

Attachments

• IMG_0109r.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0114r.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0119r.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 188
Maria, thank you, she is a doll, the IWs are almost human she will be tough to loose, They only live about 8yrs on average
Torch, did not recognise until I realized you had not had the ears cropped. Does she look like she ate a sneaker during the summer? Thought about a mastiff til we saw one during the summer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread