What the hell is that???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah yes. I think I saw the exact show Wizard. On the Discovery Channel was it?

It was either the Cdn Discovery channel or the Cdn History channel. Those I-400 class subs were monsters!:shock
Your Corsair pic reminds me of the documentary about Lieutenant Hampton Grey who died while sinking a Japanese destroyer in a Japanese bay just at the end of the war. He's the only foreigner to have a Japanese memorial [provided by a Japanese witness to his heroics] which is placed near to the memorial to the Japanese sailors who died on the destroyer.

Reall? I didn't know that. I knew he knocked out the ship, but not that he had his own memorial. Was it a show with a relative of Grey's?

Yup. The documentary was done by his nephew and told of how he and his family became friends with the Japanese family of the man that had the memorial made. Grey got the VC for that attack.

air-to-air combat.com said:
Aichi M6A Seiran (Mountain Haze)
That's weird.
Anything with "mountain" in it, contains the word "Yama", since that's the Japanese word for mountain (i.e. "Fujiyama" = Mt. Fuji).
I don't know the word for "Haze" (which in this case, I'm assuming, would be low lying clouds that sometimes blanket mountains and large hills, like fog), but it should come first, followed by "yama", all written (and spoken, for that matter) as one word.

...hmmm, I'll have to ask Mom about that one.

Elvis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back