What War Movie Would You Show Your Son or Daughter?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today, March 22nd, some good movies on TCM today, Air Force, Thirty Seconds over Tokyo, the scene in Air Force when FDR is speaking to Congress, the scene when the B-17 throttles up to make it's emergency take off, but the montage of Allied aircraft responding to the call to attack the Japanese convoy shows several aircraft. In Thirty Seconds.. the practicing of short field take offs, the B-25's engines screaming and pulling against the brakes.. " Brother that take off was strictly for the birds..you took off like an old lady in a high wind".
I made my son watch Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo after we wasted an afternoon making fun of Pearl Harbor. A great movie.

Battle of Britain and Tora! Tora! Tora! are my top flying WW2 movies. A flying movie one can take a date to is "Always." Enough romance for the date and lots of flying, with no war stuff, for the guys. Some humor, too. It is basically a remake of the 1943 black & white "A Guy Named Joe" which had a non believable plot but plenty of early wartime fighters.
I absolutely loved Always. A-26's, the PBY, some really funny stuff and some really poignant stuff. Great non war WWII movie, like Galaxy Quest is the best non Star Trek Star Trek movie.

There's a new movie on Netflix titled Bombardment about Operation Carthage. The flying scenes are quite good. Worth a watch.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Now I only have to have some time to see it. Perhaps by the centenary.

The mouse that roared for some light relief.

Ukraine might currently be called the mouse that roared back.
I was thinking the "Winter War" part 2

And oddly enough, the war between Finland and the Soviet Union was because the Soviets had "security concerns" and demanded Finland ceed territory to them to "create a buffer" and of course Finland told them to go take a flying eff at a rolling donut.

Why does this sound so familiar? It's like I just read about something like this recently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back