What was the last thing you ate? TWO!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The British Isles were named by the Romans, they never named the peoples of the Isles. It was merely a naming of the geographical part. The Romans didn't even know how big, or small, the British Isles were.

The various English tribes that had been on the British Isles from the start were more advanced than many people think. The Romans destroyed a lot of the culture and technology to install their own. When the Roman Empire collapsed they left Britain to it's devices and the many tribes had been been destroyed or, at least crippled.

The various invasions and conquests throughout the Dark Ages were a product of the English tribes unable to establish themselves as a cohesive force. They were not English ...yet. The Celts had, however, to some degree formed Scotland (in which they had stood against the Romans), Wales and Ireland.

Then came the massive influx of many foreign people, the Anglos, the Saxons, Germanics, Nordics and many other people from central and western Europe. Most of which settled in England which was brought 'central rule' (I use that term lightly, as most didn't even know who or where this ruler was). After the fall of William I - the English began to look further afield as England was now combined ...ready to conquer ...and that we did. Scotland, Wales and Ireland were first ...

...so why is it called the British Empire, when they had to be conquered to be a part of it. No one considers Canada as an aiding party into the expansion of the Empire ...yet Canada was a part of the Empire while England carried on it's conquest albeit rather small and discreet by that time.

plan_D said:
...so why is it called the British Empire, when they had to be conquered to be a part of it. No one considers Canada as an aiding party into the expansion of the Empire ...yet Canada was a part of the Empire while England carried on it's conquest albeit rather small and discreet by that time.
I'm sure there's a point here somewhere.

The point was, why is it the British Empire? Why not the English Empire? I could have used any country from the Empire ...but Canada was just in my mind because ...you're Canadian.

I'm Austrian descent, with some South African connections, born in Scotland, lived in Yorkshire most of my life but my mother is from Derbyshire, my father West Yorkshire and my two brothers born in Aldershot (near London) ...the beauty of being in a military family (my mother was in the RAF too).

plan_D said:
I'm Austrian descent, with some South African connections, born in Scotland, lived in Yorkshire most of my life but my mother is from Derbyshire, my father West Yorkshire and my two brothers born in Aldershot (near London) ...the beauty of being in a military family (my mother was in the RAF too).

Im of Mainly Scottish Descent, are the Campbells still pretty unpopular out their?

Meaning, conquered. That's like saying Germany didn't conquer Poland in 1939, Poland surrendered.

Okay, that's like saying France weren't conquered in 1940 they surrendered.

And we all know you're an asshole, hussars. There's only three kinds of people in this world, assholes, dicks and pussies. Assholes like to try and shit on everyone, pussies try to talk about everything and dicks fast acting, straight to point aggressors when needed. Pussies dislike dicks because they f*ck them all the time, but dicks also fuck assholes! And the pussy is only a inch away from the asshole ...

...see, what I'm saying is; you're an asshole ...me and les are dicks (or pricks whichever you want to use).

plan_D said:
Okay, that's like saying France weren't conquered in 1940 they surrendered.

And we all know you're an bloody frapping wanker, hussars. There's only three kinds of people in this world, assholes, dicks and pussies. Assholes like to try and sh*t on everyone, pussies try to talk about everything and dicks fast acting, straight to point aggressors when needed. Pussies dislike dicks because they f*ck them all the time, but dicks also fu*k assholes! And the pussy is only a inch away from the bloody frapping wanker ...

...see, what I'm saying is; you're an bloody frapping wanker ...me and les are dicks (or pricks whichever you want to use).

Yeah I saw Team America Too.

and please calm down I you just woke half of Mexico up.

You think I'm not calm? Hah - you don't know me at all ...you haven't seen me irrate.

A pussy, obviously. And admins, if you're going to change my post at least change it to something good while less crude. I mean, c'mon, "...bloody frapping wanker..." !?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back