What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So it happens again....:lol:

IMG_20160827_055712.jpg

IMG_20160827_055732.jpg

IMG_20160827_055756.jpg

IMG_20160827_055819.jpg

Anyhoo....
Back to the sack, see if I can catch a few zzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzz....

These are the optional parts. So you have to know the variant of the vehicle you want to replicate. Are you assembling blindly? :shock: ;)

Going for this one....'013'

IMG_20160827_114224.jpg

....which I noticed has it!

IMG_20160827_122655.jpg

IMG_20160827_122730.jpg

How do you easiest fill this wee thin gap, think my old putty is past its best before date....and a bit of overkill for the job.... :lol:

Last edited:
Here you are an enlarged part of the pic with the bottom front plate seen a little bit better.

T-54platte.jpg

For the filling of the wee apperture you may use either a dissolved putty ( MRHobby one ) or epoxy putty ( Tamiya one ). The option for both of them can be a mixture of the talc powder and some of a light grey paint or a CA glue.

Tamiya putty.jpg
MRHobby putty.jpg

Last edited:
Yep.. it is a liquified putty that can be easy applied into gaps. Its excesses can be removed with a thinner for acrylic paints and earsticks..

Since there's a fair few shots of T-62's, with none of the covers, I decided to leave them off....

Thanks my friend....
....and what a difference from that SU-76M, mind you though....I'm looking forward to try their, Miniarts, new SU-122, light years better by the looks of it!
The only hiccups has been me dropping parts on the floor, find them....only to drop them again within 10 seconds of finding them! :lol:
Thinking of getting some other tracks for them, to get the right sag on them, not sure yet....quite enjoyable kit actually, even with a few errors in the instructions!

Last edited:
I think the SU-76M is also a quite nice kit. Just it requres some of experience with assembling of such kits. I have seen a couple of them made and must say they looked nice. Please pay your attention that the order of assembling you may find in a kit instruction can be incorrect and doesn't fit a modeller's skills.

I'll return to SU-76M at a later date....:lol:
The errors in Trumpeter's instructions was, if I remember correctly, mislabeled parts and showing them differently from how they actually are attached....

Looking good. However I woukld follow a different way for the assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back