What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20160626_095917.jpg

Leave it for while now, while the going is....acceptable! ;) :lol:

What a pain in the sphericals this one is....suspension isn't even, return rollers doesn't fit, wheels.....don't even go there....
I hope that Miniart will make new mold of this one, tempted to toss it in the bin and buy Tamiya's instead!

IMG_20160723_180718.jpg

IMG_20160723_180901.jpg

IMG_20160723_180804.jpg

IMG_20160723_180935.jpg

....one shall soldier on, see how far we'll get, before this one becomes a ccasualty of....combat!

This is the Miniart's SU-76M, was thinking of getting another one, as they've got one with 5th SS Wiking markings, needless to say....I've now changed my mind about that, Tamiya's it is next time!

I agree with Geo. Judging by these pics Jan, I would say the problems you found, had been cause by the lack of proper fitting before assembling. I'm afraid the order of assembling should be different too.

Last edited:
There's not much locating pins, some solutions looks a bit odd to me....
Tried my best with the suspension, if I had left it as it was, the wheels would have been even worse, the axles to the wheels where a definite mismatch, even broke one off trying to correct it....the same with the return rollers! :lol:

Put the SU-76M away, as it was not playing along nicely, so....before putting it in the bin, count to 10 and then back in the box....:lol:
It's funny, looking at the SU-76M and SU-122, it's hard to believe that both are Miniart, but then again, that kit has a few years under the belt if I remember correctly and now, Miniart uses a different supplier for their plastic....
Squared up a wee bit, among other things, since I'm not the slightest tired, might as well take advantage of that! :lol:

Now what? :lol:

....waiting for the washing to finish....

IMG_20160826_160218.jpg

....safely tucked away the kits that I've finished, hoping for wonders (finishing more kits after the '88!)....

IMG_20160826_160349.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back