What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attached the main gun, since I woke up there, back for a few more zzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzz....I hope!
IMG_20160829_135252.jpg

Which reminds me, the mantlet was yet another mislabeled part....

Getting there....
Now I just have to find a suitable cold war (60-70's) tank crew....everything seem to WWII or modern!

IMG_20160830_135052.jpg

IMG_20160830_135117.jpg

IMG_20160830_135147.jpg

IMG_20160830_135225.jpg

As you can see, I decided to fit her with the 12.7mm DShK(?) anti aircraft gun, as I imagine that she got it at some point....
Now, I've only have to make up my mind, if I should give the kit tracks a shot or not....

Looking good. However I would paint these tracks separately before attaching to the model.

As far as the way of keeping tracks for painting is concerned... I use a strip of Tamiya masking tape stuck to a flat surface with the tape adhesive up. In the way you can stick the entire track and paint without any trouble. The tip... it is better and easier to paint one side of the track firstly and then the another side.

Added another wee bit, I'm not really convinced with these tracks, seriously considering getting workable tracks instead, think that it'll be less hassle....

IMG_20160901_113437.jpg

Not at all good buddy....
I'm just attaching the track links, it's not glued to the wheels yet...
It seems to be a bit more hassle to paint and attached these and to make it look good, compared to workable ones....

Well.. you may find it a little bit tricky to paint the hull behind them and their inner hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back