What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep it may make the paintng less tricky.

Please have a look at these images. Please notice that my cardboard Cromwell tank is still waiting for her wheels although the base colour has already been applied.. Also you may make a focus on the tracks and a couple of other details that although painted, still waiting for some of weathering and matal tone and the finall fixing.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

I really enjoyed the T-62 kit, even with the wee flaws, in the instructions not the kit itself, I'm tempted to get cracking on the T-64, while figuring what to do....:lol:

THX Karl. That's true. Also it required some of the CA Superglue and pinheads for making all of the rivets and screws. The entire model was primed with the CA glue and then applied a metallic paint in spray. Finally I painted her with a green-khaki Humbrol enamel.

If I understood this right, this T-62, is Model 1972, when it was modernized....or, as it says in the good book about the T-54/55/62:

T-62M Model 1962 - In 1972, as part of the general upgrade affecting the T-55 fleet as well, the turret of the T-62 was modernized to permit a 12.7mm DShK anti-aircraft machine gun to be fitted over the loader's hatch. This changed the shape of the right side. This version is commonly called T-62A in NATO.

Again, for what I understand, when they upgraded them, they were often retrofitted with the same track as the T-72's, which the T-55's were as well, when these earlier series of tanks were refitted and modernized, they were given the RMSh type track links...
So, is there any chance that these:

IMG_20160904_091054.jpg

....would fit on the T-62 drive sprockets, as for what I can see, both the T-62 and T-72's sprockets have 13 teeth?

....or?

There were two types of the sprocket drive wheels. The early one of 13 teeth for the MSz tracks and the later of the 14 teeth wheel for the RMSz ones. These were constructed almost the same , of course the difference is in the number of teeth and how these teeth were driving the tracks. If your model has these of 14 teeth the RMSz tracks are OK.

14zuby.jpg

13zuby.jpg

The MSz track ...
msz track.jpg

The RMSz track ...
rmsz track.jpg

Last edited:
Yep.. the 14 teeth are for the RMSz tracks. I have noticed in the pic above that one of these teeth is dmaged. If you still can rotate the wheel there you may set the damaged tooth at the top under the fender to hide it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back