What's the best-looking Russian fighter?

Which was the best-looking Russian fighter of WWII?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oreo

Senior Airman
Jul 18, 2008
South Carolina
This is completely subjective, so don't anybody tear each other's hair out, ok? This has nothing to do with its abilities, just looks alone.

I've always liked the Yak1b (unofficial designation, but generally accepted rather than the Yak1M name used in this poll which was actually the prototype Yak3)
All the bubble canopy Yaks look pretty much alike, but the Yak1b has the air cooler mounted further back, and it gives it a longer,racier, sleeker look than the 9 and 7. Different wheel covers as well, which also make it look a little nicer when it's parked on the ground. (see attached pic).

Attachments

• myfavyak1b.JPG
    myfavyak1b.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 157
I've always liked the Yak1b (unofficial designation, but generally accepted rather than the Yak1M name used in this poll which was actually the prototype Yak3)

Sorry, my bad. I have still more to learn about subtypes, and books are sometimes inaccurate. But I meant any Yak-1 or Yak-7 with cut-down spine

Freebird, is that picture of a Yak you showed full-size or scale model ? It sure looks tiny in that picture!

It looked like the full size, but it was roped off so you couldn't walk right up to it. I saw it in the Aviation Museum in Ukraine.

It had a listing of "Symbolic fighter", i'm not quite sure what they meant by "Symbolic"?

Attachments

• YakolevData.JPG
    YakolevData.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 191
MiG-3 for me, very sleek overall (particularly the nose and canopy), aggresive looking, and the rear fusalage looks a bit nicer in the side view than most other Soviet fighters.

Don't like the La series as the radial engine looks too big.

The Bubble canopy Yaks look nice. But I would also go for the Mig-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back