When Poland Saved Western Europe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote quite a long commentary at first. And then I decided not to feed... that character.
Za naszą i waszą wolność .

If you began to tell the truth, tell all truth, fully, not forgetting about nuances. Say what earth Poland got after the Munich conspiracy. Say how many Polish soldiers militated under the German banners. Say about mass murders of jewries in Poland in 1945-1946 (after victory over Germany). Say about German earth that is given to Poland after the second world war. It far not all is малоприятные facts of Polish modern history.
Before to reprobate Russia in all death sins, will look at history of the states and countries. Maybe too it is time you to get up on knees and begin to kiss feet, under screaming of BLM?

My dear Andrey. Hold your horses.
I'm not going to bring unfinished Civil War to the pages of this good forum. Vojny, nezakonchennoy Russko-Sovetskoy. If you know what I mean.
This is my first and last reply to you on this topic.

My dear Andrey. Hold your horses.
I'm not going to bring unfinished Civil War to the pages of this good forum. Vojny, nezakonchennoy Russko-Sovetskoy. If you know what I mean.
Это мой первый и последний ответ по этой теме.

I do not militate here. I do not give to lie about my Motherland!

Last edited by a moderator:
90234217-F5F8-4295-849E-784F559E14C2.gif

The article referred to in the first post makes clear that Poland had to save Europe from the Red Army in 1920 because the Poles had tried to carve off parts of Russia for themselves by military force in 1919 while the Red Army was occupied elsewhere. This backfired badly, and what saved Poland was mainly the way Stalin botched operations - nearly earning himself a bullet in the neck consequently.

It is true that there were few official army units in Germany at the time, but there were maybe seven million men with recent military experience that could have been mobilized as Irregulars in case of need - unlikely that under such circumstances the Allies would have protested such a move.

By the way, the illustration in the first post showing heroic aristocratic Polish cavalrymen slaughtering Bolsheviks depicts those Bolsheviks as subhumans in a manner that would have received applause from the Nazis - not the only point where Polish and Nazi sentiments closely matched, ironically.

The article said that Poland saved Europe from the Communists, but this article does not say that at this very moment there was a civil war on the territory of Russia. Foreign armies also took an active part in this war. Britain, Australia, Canada, France, Italy, USA, Romania, Greece and others. But why only Poland saved Europe?
It is not so hard to take part of the territory from a country where 14 foreign armies are fighting and there is a civil war.
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Иностранная_военная_интервенция_в_России#Цели_интервентов

The number of countries older than, say, me, that never behaved "badly" in some way or another can be counted on a snake's left hand. In the early years after the October Revolution, the Soviet Union was one of the countries behaving badly towards its neighbors, including Poland (a pattern of behavior which predated the October Revolution). Poland, in turn, was behaving badly towards the newly-established Czechoslovakia. Regardless of anything else, I'd argue the threat to Western Europe from the USSR was far less than it was from the Ottoman Empire, if for no other reasons than a) the USSR was not an external threat to any country not on its borders, b) bolshevism as an internal threat was vastly overblown as it was attached to any group that opposed a status quo, including groups promoting racial integration, women's suffrage, workers' rights, fluoridation, and, likely, building codes and press freedom.

I would also argue that a Soviet defeat at the hands of the White Russian forces, with a re-establishment of czarist rule would have resulted in a similar (possibly better managed) war against Poland and invasions of Ukraine, Georgia, etc.

Last edited:
The number of countries older than, say, me, that never behaved "badly" in some way or another can be counted on a snake's left hand. In the early years after the October Revolution, the Soviet Union was one of the countries behaving badly towards its neighbors, including Poland (a pattern of behavior which predated the October Revolution). Poland, in turn, was behaving badly towards the newly-established Czechoslovakia. Regardless of anything else, I'd argue the threat to Western Europe from the USSR was far less than it was from the Ottoman Empire, if for no other reasons than a) the USSR was not an external threat to any country not on its borders, b) bolshevism as an internal threat was vastly overblown as it was attached to any group that opposed a status quo, including groups promoting racial integration, women's suffrage, workers' rights, fluoridation, and, likely, building codes and press freedom.

I would also argue that a Soviet defeat at the hands of the White Russian forces, with a re-establishment of czarist rule would have resulted in a similar (possibly better managed) war against Poland and invasions of Ukraine, Georgia, etc.

On August 29, 1918, the Council of People's Commissars of the RSFSR issued a decree on the renunciation of the treaties concluded by the Russian Empire with Austria and Prussia, including those concerning the partitions of Poland. After showing good relations from Russia, Poland starts a war. Poland did not save Europe from communism, Poland captured land!!!

After showing good relations from Russia, Poland starts a war. Poland did not save Europe from communism, Poland captured land!!!

Is this thread contributing to this forum?
Sorry, just us, Eastern Europeans grumbling over unsettled scores. Not really an aviation topic, indeed.
Anyway, Niech zyje Polska.
Gee, if we dig deep enough, maybe we can find enough festering disputes to keep us entertained until New Years. What a "balkan" world we live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back