When Poland Saved Western Europe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I read the article. Show me an article that is not heavily mixed with opinions and not so steller conclusions, including the propoganda you believe is truth. My point is this, any time someone says something that goes against your preconcieved notion of the truth, or something you percieve as negative you come off as an ass, just like you did above. Maybe, its you debate etiquette as pointed out by Wes, but its a bit annoying.

I don't understand how you can learn history from newspaper articles. History should be learned from books, documents and lectures by historians. You have to look at a historical event from different angles and with an eye to the events that preceded it.
I see nothing wrong with standing up for the truth and defending the history of my country.
If one follows the advice of idiots and scum, one will turn into an uncultured, uneducated, gender-changing, boot-kissing, "tolerant" creature.
Where is your lauded tolerance?

I don't understand how you can learn history from newspaper articles. History should be learned from books, documents and lectures by historians. You have to look at a historical event from different angles and with an eye to the events that preceded it.
I see nothing wrong with standing up for the truth and defending the history of my country.
If one follows the advice of idiots and scum, one will turn into an uncultured, uneducated, gender-changing, boot-kissing, "tolerant" creature.
Where is your lauded tolerance?

I agree with you on how history should be learned. However, this was not about learning history. This is about how you talk to others.

Having said that, who is to say your view of your country's history is not jaded by your nationalism and patriotism? (Note: the same can be said for everyone from every country).

But you can keep up your "non tolerant, non-gender changing, non boot -kissing attitude" all you want. You will not get far with it here comrade.

Last edited:
This brings to mind an incident shortly after the Vietnam evacuation when Vietnamese citizens were resettled in parts of the US. I was in line at a grocery store when two aggressive looking Vietnamese men walked up to me and loudly said, "Hey you. Where are the cigarettes?". I didn't know, and knew I couldn't explain being a non smoker, so I pointed to the farthest corner of the store knowing I would be checked out and gone before they came back. I mentioned this to a friend who had been in Nam two tours in USMC. Al always called any Vietnamese "VC" although I pointed out that those here were with us. His answer was "They are all VC". Both incidents are formed by cultural environment of their times. I have experienced the kurt attitude when talking to a neighbor recently moved from Serbia.

I agree with you on how history should be learned. However, this was not about learning history. This is about how you talk to others.

Having said that, who is to say your view of your country's history is not jaded by your nationalism and patriotism? (Note: the same can be said for everyone from every country).

But you can keep up your "non tolerant, non-gender changing, non boot -kissing attitude" all you want. You will not get far with it here comrade.

I tell you that this article is full of lies and you shut my mouth and tell me I'm crazy. What's wrong with you people?!

7DDDF166-88F8-4F07-8D68-0DC9F9D7C09A.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back