When Poland Saved Western Europe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the title to this thread, I was thinking about how Polish codebreakers were the first to break the Enigma code, giving the Bletchley Park crew a big leg up on decoding Nazi communications.

More info in this article, or, if you want to dig in to the details, read Alan Turing, the Enigma. The Polish codebreakers gave Turing's crew the basic methodology for breaking the code, but it involved a lot of pencil and paper work. Turing's contribution was to automate the process so decodes could be done in time to be acted on: to intercept submarines in the Atlantic or convoys supplying Rommel in North Africa.

Why do you constantly have to insult or be an ass to others? It's really unnecessary, and not very productive to the forum. Nor does it add anything worthwhile.

Show me who I offended and exactly how!

Have you read this article When Poland saved Europe - ? In your opinion, how true is it? There are some true historical facts in it, but they have been heavily mixed with lies and drawn the wrong conclusions.
Would you eat soup with a fly floating in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Show me who I offended and exactly how!

Have you read this article When Poland saved Europe - ? In your opinion, how true is it? There are some true historical facts in it, but they have been heavily mixed with lies and drawn the wrong conclusions.
Would you eat soup with a fly floating in it?

Sure I read the article. Show me an article that is not heavily mixed with opinions and not so steller conclusions, including the propoganda you believe is truth. My point is this, any time someone says something that goes against your preconcieved notion of the truth, or something you percieve as negative you come off as an ass, just like you did above. Maybe, its your debate etiquette as pointed out by Wes, but its a bit annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back